AI spins - could not compute full path in start

This error keeps popping up in any game I start, it happens at anytime during the game, I don’t think anything I am doing causes it because it happened at different times during a game, can happen more then once, it doesn’t appear to have any affect in the game that I can see.

There can be any type of critter mentioned.

develop-3109 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: (969156 stonehearth:red_fox) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:509>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:509: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

develop-3109 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: (985657 stonehearth:rabbit) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:509>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>

1 Like

Yes, we have several threads about the ai spins errors (with different causes). They usually don’t affect much.:slight_smile:

oh I have one of these too if it helps?

release-663 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: (84439758 stonehearth:rabbit) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:

My OS is windows 10

1 Like

Hello @Outdoor_Jo :slight_smile:

I’ve merged your post here because this error is usually nonfatal and doesn’t affect the gameplay.

1 Like

I hit my windows button and heard a notice (the daily update) and noticed the 2 errors
@yshan ? ( I hops I got the right person))

release-663 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: (16065649 Growlie the Rabid(stonehearth:monster_tuning:kobolds:wolf)) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason:
stack traceback:

release-663 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: (16065806 Grarghfng Chases-the-Sky(stonehearth:monster_tuning:kobolds:wolf)) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason:
stack traceback:

hello good day to you,

Are any of your villagers stuck somewhere? I used to get these errors when someone was stuck when they had a job too do and they no longer were moving around. Do you have the savegame where these errors popped-up? It could be usefull.

could not find anything, but the errors looked like they were related to mobs and not my hearthlings:grinning:

Normally I get the random critter with this error but this time I got one of my footmen:

release-663 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: (20543 Sean Yiss) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: Target out of melee range
stack traceback:

Had just finished battle with the grand goblin guy and heading back to village, Footman Yiss appears to be carrying both a shield and a two handed weapon (from Aveix’s mod) the other footman (have two) has same gear but not the shield.

i got the same error and i get it when i load the save and for me it is a single raccon and it seams to be because they are stuck inside a building or something that is a solid block

Hey there @WildWolf, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!