AI goes nuts early game

since I heard in a stream that the blue bar is mostly the AI and that my hearthling dont do anything anymore
i think its an AI problem …oh btw I aint got any error pop up

EDIT: I found out that it was caused by many items being designed by the loot tool

you can see the distance between the hearthlings and the looted items in this second screenshot

EDIT: EDIT: but still the pathfinder is having a hard time going from the spot in the mountain to their home on the island

1 Like

yep, we really need some focus from Devs on Optimizing the game… when i get 12 people games just starting to be unplayable. Even when everything is near…

dear devs OPTIMIZE ! thx :smile:

Yes, this is a top priority for us. If you have save games with performance issues or idle hearthlings, please send them to:

support@radiant-entertainment.com

Thanks!

2 Likes

good I send it right now @Albert

Idling seems to go away on a Save/Reload, most of the time. As for pathfinding issues, I am sure I have seen issues with collection whenever I edit a stockpile e.g. create a separate pile for wood and stone and edit the original to no longer take wood/stone. It only seems to affect distant harvested resources. Unable to verify though as I only have a suspicion.

I got an error when changing the stockpile filter too but when I save/reload the file the pathfinding/AI problem dont go away

and here the bug

develop-2603 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:72: bad unit transition “set_think_output” from “starting” in action put restockable item into backpack
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:72: in function '_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:105: in function '_set_think_output’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:321: in function '?'
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:18: in function 'set_think_output’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:89: in function '_set_think_output’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:71: in function '_start_thinking_on_frame’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:74: in function 'think_progress_cb’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:373: in function '_think_progress_cb’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:687: in function ‘_set_state’

stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:687: in function '_set_state’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:440: in function '_unit_ready_from_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:154: in function '_unit_ready’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:187: in function '_set_think_output_from_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:102: in function '_set_think_output’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:321: in function '?'
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:18: in function 'set_think_output’
stonehearth/ai/actions/find_path_to_entity_type.luac:17: in function ‘solved_cb’
…th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:47: in function ‘_call_solved_cbs’
…th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:39: in function <…th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:36>

I actually get this set_think_output error quite a lot in my current world. Apparently one of the hearthlings is thinking WAY too hard about putting something in their backpack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Had same kind of error when wanted to have only 1 type of material on my stockpile then all heartlings stopped, save/reload dont help :frowning: