[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.5.7h

Having a weird bug where the well is permanently building. Like, the progress bar will go all the way to full, then disappears, but the well doesn’t build and it starts over with trying to build. My hearthlings have been building this one well for 5 months now with no progress.

1 Like

The well needs a clear 5x5 space because of future expansions, plus an extra space on the side with the lever so they can actually use it :slight_smile:
This issue usually happens when trying to build the well in a very tight space

3 Likes

same problem here.
Upon checking the “starting_rosters” folder , there are my saved roster BUT when clicking the LOAD , the window comes up is empty.

i love this

3 Likes

I’ve got a problem.
I bought the game from steam only yesterday, and while I was thinking that I should add this mode immediately, after I added the mode to the game, I decided to open the game and the game did not open only a black screen in front of me and that beautiful music in the back. This mode is really nice
But strangely enough, when I open the game and come to the mod, add the mode there and start the game, there’s no problem, and I can move on, but it’s going to take me a long time to open every game. Solve this problem, please.

1 Like

Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

These are typical symptoms of hardware strain to run the game. While you might have an ok/above average PC, Stonehearth unfortunately has some fundamental issues that made the game very performance intensive even though it doesn’t have ultra-photorrealistic graphics and so on.

Long loading times and the black screen issue (which might also happen without ACE) are signs of that, the black screen issue happens because the game failed to load the UI in time because of all the stuff it has to load (like mods) - and ACE is a huge mod.

Luckily, it has an easy workaround! When you hear music - but the screen remains black - just press F5
This will reload the game’s UI!

You can find lots of tips and tricks to optimize your game experience, fix common issues and so on by heading into the FAQ in our Discord Server!

1 Like

Writing this description briefly at the end of the mode description will be easier not to answer each same question with the same answer.
By the way, where are the dwarves? They still haven’t made it?
Thank you for everything.

Stonehearth ACE 0.9.5.4 Released!

Many many greetings and a Happy New Year, fellow hearthlings!
I hope you’ve all had a good start of the year and a nice first month :jubilant:

We’ve been getting some rest ourselves, recharging the batteries and spending these first weeks doing other things :merry: but that has not prevented a new patch to be formed, while not really a big incremental patch, I’m sure it will be very welcome because it brings a whole new set of beautiful furniture for your building pleasure!

That said, we’re also finally closing the ACE Frostfeast event for this season… Don’t worry, it will be back in less than a year! :jubilant:

We still have one incremental patch planned for version 0.9.5, which will be focused on re-reworking some of the big things we’ve added according to the feedback provided by you all on Herbalist Planters & the new Herb System! Among, of course, other goodies! :jubilant:

And once that incremental patch is out, we’ll probably go into another long-ish period of hard work as we finally approach the next planned major version: 1.0! (Yes, Dwarves!)

That’s it! Thank you all for the support and kind words, welcome to all the new folks (we’ve seen a steady influx of new people recently!) and keep having fun :jubilant:

Incremental Patch 0.9.5.4

Frostfeast

• And so the holiday season has come to an end! The Frostfeast questline is not available for newly created games anymore. Games that were started previous to this update will still be able to finish the quest - but they won’t be able to start it if they haven’t already.
  • Presents, the basic Frostfeast Decorated Pine and the Holiday Cheer Cap recipes are now locked again. If you had any queued to be crafted, they’ll remain in the queue and will be crafted, but you can’t give new orders. (Actually if you do have queued presents you can give new orders because you can do so from the ones already queued :wink: But consider this an extra-official tip)
  • Additionally, since you can’t craft presents anymore, you will only be able to do the specific item quests for the Frostfeast Questline - so if you do want to finish it, then “abuse” the tip above and queue some presents before updating the mod!
  • All the Frostfeast stuff you unlocked will remain unlocked for that town, forever (like any other recipe unlocks!) however the Frostfeast crafting category has been moved to the bottom of each crafter’s menu.
  • We hope you’ve enjoyed it - and the new questline - and Tomtee looks forward to visiting you again next December :merry:

Added

• Marble furniture and building parts are here! You can now put your level 5 and 6 Masons to work on beautiful and ornate pieces of furniture that are worthy of a mighty estate or an emperor’s palace! Get your mining going, folks!
  • We might add more marble pieces in the future - but for now you should already be able to get some great builds with the 25 items added.
  • Unfermented Juice Vinegar, brewing ingredient. Crafted by the Brewer using any juice, this new (and simple) way to obtain vinegar will be easier than all others for not requiring a fermented drink - but it will also be the least efficient and longest method. Not particularly good for a well supplied town, but should at least be useful for people to get some early vinegar!
  • There is now visual aid around the well model when placing Simple Water Wells that should help with realizing how much space it needs. It includes a small green square that indicates where the hearthling must stand to use it.
  • Added new “Supply” container filters for prepared food for the different times of the day (Breakfast Food, Lunch Food and Dinner Food); With these filters you can now try to force different eating places - for example, a community mess hall with breakfast and lunch food and dinner food containers on a tavern, so they all go there to eat and drink.
  • Added a recipe for crafting Highland Vine seeds from Highland Vine leaves.
  • (For Modders) We’ve added retro-compatible support for Output Crates to have the ACE Crafter filters added in the last version. Now, if no filter list is defined for an Output Crate, they will automatically use ACE’s filter - and they’re also all forbidden from being set as default storage.
  • (For Modders) There is now support for “shared cooldowns” on combat abilities. The shared cooldowns need a name tag and a value - and all abilities with the same name tag will have their cooldowns shared. Check out the different Cleric Tome abilities from ACE as an example.

Changed

• As mentioned in the last item of the “Added” section, Cleric Tomes healing abilities now have a global cooldown. Previously they had different individual cooldowns but that allowed multiple spells to be used in a row, now they have a shared cooldown that prevents the different spells from being cast in succession.
  • We’ve given a higher sunk cost boost for work tasks, which means that work tasks should now (supposedly) be harder to interrupt - or, in other words, hearthlings should prefer to finish certain work actions before others (like going for a meal) become high priority enough to cancel these. This is mostly an experiment for now - but what you should be able to observe is an increase in tasks being done without interruptions, less items left around by interrupted hauling tasks and so on. Easy to identify evidence are meal times where lings won’t immediately go to all at once anymore, but rather finish what they’re up to and go to it when possible. Initial testing on the matter seemed promising and without errors, but please report or let us know if you experience any kind of wonky behavior, stuttering, etc…
  • The Hearth of Glory quest (Tier 2) for all kingdoms has been changed to require Light Bandages instead of Heavy Bandages. It is possible that if you already have the quest, it won’t be changed - but cancelling and choosing it again will refresh the quest requirement.
  • Reduced the fiber yield of all three farmable bushes (Wintermoss, Tumbleweed and Dwarfsbeard) - this change only affects their farmable version, not the wild ones.
  • Reduced the yield of paddy fields (Rice); They had a wrong number that caused their production to quickly overflow with resources.
  • Most tree saplings will now only show up on Tier 3 traders. Seeds will still be available throughout all the tiers, though.
  • All Iskender Caravan traders should now offer the Rayya’s Children versions of the talismans.
  • The descriptions for the Silkweed Seeds and Wax Plant Seeds recipes have been updated to better clarify what they need.
  • The Wax Plant Seeds recipes have been changed to use the herbs instead of the whole plant.
  • The price of Hunks o’ Marble stone has been reduced from 18 coins to 12 coins.
  • Slightly reduced the efficiency of fish traps and trapping grounds by increasing the time between catches/checks rather than reducing loot amounts. This should help keep them cleaner without making each capture produce less.
  • (For Modders) We changed the triggered mod initialization script async events to be synchronized events instead. This can be used by modders for creating more conditional compatibility with ACE.

Fixed

• Fixed a template issue that prevented the Tier 2 Ascendancy Blacksmith Shop from being placed. It can now be placed normally.
  • Fixed a broken localization text on the description of the Northern Alliance’s Blacksmith recipe “Iron Watchman Armor” and the Rayya’s Children “Iron Light Chain Mail” (Archer armors)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Northern Alliance’s “Hunt” command from working properly. It should now work as intended, however any existing commanded hunts will remain broken (You’ll need to cancel the order and use the “Hunt” tool again)
  • Removed the leasing of fuel items from the consumer component. This should fix - hopefully - a series of leasing related issues that have appeared on the last update.
  • Fix to expendable resources’ renderer toasts now showing up on game reload.
  • Fixed an issue that caused two of the default filter presets (Brewer and Larder) for storage to always show up red with two inapplicable filters.
  • Fixed several typos across the whole mod (instances of “An unique…” instead of “A unique…”)
  • Fixed some typos with the Karuna & Dwalek campaign.
  • Fixed the graphics for the rotten Golden Gourd plant (it was using the rotten Carrot image)
  • Fixed a small issue with firepits to prevent their residue from being created if they’re not in the world anymore.
  • Fixed a possible race condition error thrown by the town inventory when reloading a game.

As always, please remember to report any issues or bugs you find and feel free to leave your comments and suggestions here or in our Discord server! All are welcome, we’re a big and crazy family :jubilant:

That said, we hope you’re all warm and well!
Stay safe and see you soon :merry: :heart:

12 Likes

Fantastic work Dani, I don’t think Stonehearth would have lived so long without the incredible modding community! Upset I missed most of the Frostfeast.

I made a post but thought I’d share here an idea with beds.
I believe they need an upgrade button like the water wells. An easier and quicker way to change them into better quality beds.

Love to know what you think?

1 Like

Great update :slight_smile: Really love the work you guys are doing:
Just somethings I noticed i my latest game:

• The health ‘bar’ / tracker of enemies doesn’t always show since this last update. If the hearthlings are the ones doing the damage especially, though i am not 100% about this last part.

Suggestion: Geomancer. The priority list of the geomancer seems to be off (to me at least). According to the in-game behaviour, this is what I assume the priority list is:

1. Building
  2. Crafting
  3. Placing terrainblocks
  4. Other jobs & tasks

Right now when I am building something, the geomancer prioritizes this over crafting, wich delays the production of new items the geomancer crafts. If I place a terrain block, it takes forever for the geomancer to place it because he has a lot of items in the crafting queue. I can manage in game , but it is just annoying. So I suggest maybe this order:

1. Placing terrainblocks
  2. Crafting
  3. Building
  4. Other jobs and tasks

Also, the entrace to the city of Minas-Gilith

2 Likes

Very nice city! :merry:

Thank you for the kind words! Let’s see if I can sort out some of your questions…

I’ve noticed that too, we’re looking into it…
Edit: Paul found the issue, I think!

Actually, their priority is the same as other jobs and basically “Job” tasks (like crafting) are top priority followed by “Building” tasks and placing Summon Stones (terrain blocks) is simply a placement (“Haul”) task, although it has priority over other placement tasks.

If your Geomancer is choosing to build over crafting, there must be another reason that we need to look into, like maybe not being able to access one of the ingredients or something like that.

We could definitely look into bringing the Summon Stone placement priority above crafting, yes, by making it a “Job” task - which makes sense, after all, placing Summon Stones is their job too.

3 Likes

I re-checked it and currently my geomancer does prioritize crafting above building in my latest save, so I think it might have been a case of no-path-to-ingredients-initis.

:grinning:

1 Like

I don’t know how to use it
No see the sub in any chest or supply…

Hmmm they are all here and seem to be working fine for all common supply items (baskets, bins, tables, shelves…)

Make sure you’ve updated to 0.9.5.4 and is not in 0.9.5.3b still :merry:

1 Like

oh thanks you!
I think it’s the old food filters before,Now i see them!! :jubilant:

Stonehearth ACE 0.9.5.4b Released!

Hey there, folks!

Everything said in the last update still stands! Just pushing out a quickfix to get that annoying “enemy health not showing” issue out of the game. Sorry about that! :jubilant:

On the other hand, a couple of extra goodies ended up going out with this small fix! :heart:

We’re still aiming for one last incremental patch with the reworks and improvements based on the feedback of 0.9.5 and then start working on 1.0!

That’s all, have fun :merry:

Quickfix 0.9.5.4b

Added

• “Cooking Table”, workbench. Enough is enough! No more assembling salads, rolling sushi, putting nuts in a basket, kneading a dough or preparing batter within a cauldron… The cook now counts with a new workbench meant for this kind of work. The major advantage is that the player will no longer waste fuel on cooking activities that don’t necessarily need heat, like ice cream or the Cook’s Sign.
  • Bed Upgrade buttons have been added to the wood, stone and clay variants of the Tier 1 (Thatch) and Tier 2 (Comfy) beds, allowing them to be replaced by any common beds of the tier above. This is done manually through the Transform system and as such it is (unfortunately) unlikely to even be added to other items that have dozens and dozens of alternatives like windows, doors and other furniture pieces… However we might add it to other specific objects if the idea is well received (like pet beds, for example)
  • (For Modders) You can easily add your own beds to the upgrade lists by mixing into two new mixins in the ACE mod: stonehearth_ace:mixins:bed:tier_1 and stonehearth_ace:mixins:bed:tier_2. You’ll also need to add these mixins to your own beds.

Changed

• The Cook’s “Stone Mill Grinder” workbench is now a Level 2 recipe. It makes sense since literally no recipe used it on Level 1.
  • Several cooking recipes have been changed/adapted to now use the new “Cooking Table” workbench. (Almost all the “Preparation” category items and some foodstuffs here and there)
  • All building templates for Cooks have been updated with the new workbench.
  • Updated the description for the Cook’s “Stone Oven” recipe to inform its fuel needs.
  • When you choose your desired production in Wine Casks, Fermentation Vats, Fermentation Carboys and Cheese Vats, the crafter will now automatically queue the required ingredient. For example, choosing “Ale” to be produced in a Vat will automatically order the Brewer to craft Wort.

Fixed

• Fixed a serious issue that prevented the health of enemies from being seen on the screen (above their heads) when they were hurt. This caused a lot of confusion and was triggered by our attempt to fix another issue with the renewable resource renderers on the last update. Sorry!
  • The description of the placed “Mega Pumpkin” has been reduced to better fit the unit frame.
  • Fixed an issue where harvesting the “Mega Pumpkin” was giving four halves (special oinker feed) instead of two.
  • Fixed some wrong values on the “Marble Comfy Bed” (it was equivalent to the previous bed, “Stone Comfy Bed”, in terms of comfort and shelter)

That’s it!
Stay safe, have fun and please (as always!) report any bugs or issues you run into!

Thank you for all the kind words and continued support! :merry: :heart:

12 Likes

Music to our ears :+1: fantastic as ever Dani.

2 Likes

I started a new game last night and saw this option. Oh that is soooo cool. Question. When I upgrade a bed does the ownership change? I’m thinking I have to manually reset the ownership. But I haven’t gotten that far yet. Thanks again for the awesome update.

1 Like

This is answered in the command’s description - just hover the mouse over it :merry:

1 Like

Another major cool update …
Lots of awesome stuff happening in this mod …
Was wondering … going (sort of) along with the bed change thingy …
Would it be possible to reserve a bed for the wounded (sort of like a medical bed before you can actually make a medical bed) … It would be nice to have the hearthlings that are requiring medical attention go to a bed set aside in the healers quarters (which is actually just a placeholder for when we can make a proper medical bed)

1 Like