[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.5.7h

Stonehearth ACE 0.9.5.7h Released!

…and a bunch of other news!

Greetings, everyone! :merry:
This is actually a super small update, only being released to activate… Yes, you’ve guessed it: :snowflake:Frostfeast !!

Last year we ended up starting Frostfeast too late because we waited for the main update to be finished and - as usual - there were some unforseen delays… :jubilant: So to prevent the same mistake from happening again and letting you all enjoy the holiday season, we’ve decided to do this quick update!

More than just activating Frostfeast again, however, this update actually brings some cool new things! More on that further below in the patch notes.

Now let’s cover some of the news:

What happened to “Preview Thursdays” and “Surprise Sundays”? :scream:

Well, life happened. Personally, I’m really sorry about it :forlorn: we were getting close to the next update - which was supposed to come out months ago - but then a lot of personal and work issues came up and we ended up slowing down a lot. I’m really sorry about that! However, fear not, because we’re now once again getting closer to an update! :jubilant: So as soon as we have things more fleshed out and ready to go, I’ll return with some information on the last picture that was never explained and on the “Big Feature” :tm: of this next version… The Mercantile System!

So there’s a new version coming up? Tomorrow?!

Wait, not so fast :merry: Yes, we’re getting closer to an update and we rarely announce that unless we’re sure that we’re really close - but that doesn’t mean it’s coming out tomorrow! Giving dates never ends well but hopefully, if all goes well, expect it before the year ends!

(I’ll regret saying that, won’t I? :glum: Hopefully not! :jubilant: )

Anyway, here are the notes!

Update 0.9.5.7h

Frostfeast

• Yes, it’s that time of the year again! Frostfeast has been activated once more!
  • Basic crafters can craft presents with coins.
  • The Weaver can craft the worker Holiday Hat.
  • The Herbalist can craft a Frostfeast decorated tree.

Added

• “Game Soundtrack Override”, new gameplay setting! You can find this new setting in the ACE sub-menu of the gameplay settings menu, should be at the very top. It can be used by modders to add new lists of music tracks that will override the default kingdom songs when active! As a demonstration, ACE includes a Frostfeast themed tracklist that is active by default because it’s time - but you can deactivate it if you want!
  • Frostfeast Lights (Vertical, Horizontal, Short), decoration. Get your town ready for Frostfeast with these beautiful light strings!
  • The new lights are Potter recipes and can be learned by consuming “Frostfeast Recipes” gained during the Frostfeast quest.
  • Frostfeast Mistletoe, decoration. Obtained by cutting trees, nice little wall decoration!
  • Clay Brick Wall, building pattern. A new wall for the builder that looks somewhat like the classic red bricks.
  • We’ve added the ACE Team, contributors and moderation team to the game credits, after the “Special Thanks”!

That’s it!
We wish you all a happy time with Tomtee and the Frostfather! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes