[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.5.7h

huh, good to know!

1 Like

Attention all (especially mod authors!)

Going to repost something I recently posted in the ACE Discord!

ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MOD COMPATIBILITY

Greetings, everyone! :jubilant:

Starting next month, May 1st , we’ll be removing the :white_check_mark:〡requires-ace , :repeat:〡adapted-for-ace and :children_crossing:〡functions-with-ace channels and replacing them with a much better and well curated single list called ACE Approved . Yes - curated. We’ll actually be testing the mods that we add to the list, something that will have to be requested by the authors through a direct message to me here (or in the forums)!
This one month before the change goes live is a transition period for testing!

The reason we’ve decided to create this “officially supported” list is actually very simple: There are times when receiving reports or debugging saved games that we’re required to find and install huge lists of mods - sometimes even local changes or remotely hosted mods - a process that can take a lot of time and more often than not results in the issue not being part of ACE or non-existing at all.

One could think that this would take time away from development, however it is actually an investment - not only testing mods will allow us to give the players (and authors) a better feedback and information on what to fix and which mods to reliably use, but it will also decrease the time we spend debugging issues that might not be ours.

And that is because we’ve also decided to not provide support and troubleshooting anymore (like we do in :mag:〡bug-reporting ) to games that are using mods NOT in that new list . (Remember that his only refers to ACE bugs or game issues . We still have :mortar_board:〡game-help and :mag:〡mod-issues for their own reasons!) We understand that this might sound a bit extreme , but we believe that this is for the best, both in terms of ACE’s development but also in creating a culture of better choosing and making of mods that benefits users and authors alike!

Thank you for understanding! :merry:

3 Likes

As always, thank you for all the new stuff I have yet to explore in full. So far I’ve only found one small issue.

Version 0.9.5.7g
Herbalist - Healing with potions.

I noticed that herbalists seem to prioritise healing potions over wound treatments, which leads to wounded hearthlings with hp reduction due to a wound (e.g. 210/211 HP) being fed all available healing potions (instead of the needed and available bandage/compress). As I’m not sure if this is a mod issue (I don’t use discord at all*), maybe someone could confirm this before you spend time looking into it.

Thank you :grin:
Regards Teimhnín

*Would it be possible to have the approved list on this forum at some later stage?

Stonehearth ACE 0.9.5.7h Released!

…and a bunch of other news!

Greetings, everyone! :merry:
This is actually a super small update, only being released to activate… Yes, you’ve guessed it: :snowflake:Frostfeast !!

Last year we ended up starting Frostfeast too late because we waited for the main update to be finished and - as usual - there were some unforseen delays… :jubilant: So to prevent the same mistake from happening again and letting you all enjoy the holiday season, we’ve decided to do this quick update!

More than just activating Frostfeast again, however, this update actually brings some cool new things! More on that further below in the patch notes.

Now let’s cover some of the news:

What happened to “Preview Thursdays” and “Surprise Sundays”? :scream:

Well, life happened. Personally, I’m really sorry about it :forlorn: we were getting close to the next update - which was supposed to come out months ago - but then a lot of personal and work issues came up and we ended up slowing down a lot. I’m really sorry about that! However, fear not, because we’re now once again getting closer to an update! :jubilant: So as soon as we have things more fleshed out and ready to go, I’ll return with some information on the last picture that was never explained and on the “Big Feature” :tm: of this next version… The Mercantile System!

So there’s a new version coming up? Tomorrow?!

Wait, not so fast :merry: Yes, we’re getting closer to an update and we rarely announce that unless we’re sure that we’re really close - but that doesn’t mean it’s coming out tomorrow! Giving dates never ends well but hopefully, if all goes well, expect it before the year ends!

(I’ll regret saying that, won’t I? :glum: Hopefully not! :jubilant: )

Anyway, here are the notes!

Update 0.9.5.7h

Frostfeast

• Yes, it’s that time of the year again! Frostfeast has been activated once more!
  • Basic crafters can craft presents with coins.
  • The Weaver can craft the worker Holiday Hat.
  • The Herbalist can craft a Frostfeast decorated tree.

Added

• “Game Soundtrack Override”, new gameplay setting! You can find this new setting in the ACE sub-menu of the gameplay settings menu, should be at the very top. It can be used by modders to add new lists of music tracks that will override the default kingdom songs when active! As a demonstration, ACE includes a Frostfeast themed tracklist that is active by default because it’s time - but you can deactivate it if you want!
  • Frostfeast Lights (Vertical, Horizontal, Short), decoration. Get your town ready for Frostfeast with these beautiful light strings!
  • The new lights are Potter recipes and can be learned by consuming “Frostfeast Recipes” gained during the Frostfeast quest.
  • Frostfeast Mistletoe, decoration. Obtained by cutting trees, nice little wall decoration!
  • Clay Brick Wall, building pattern. A new wall for the builder that looks somewhat like the classic red bricks.
  • We’ve added the ACE Team, contributors and moderation team to the game credits, after the “Special Thanks”!

That’s it!
We wish you all a happy time with Tomtee and the Frostfather! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

ACE Support & The Community Shrine

Finally, there’s one last subject to talk about!
Some of you might remember that a while ago we teased this beautiful monument saying that we’d later on explain what it means!

As the update approaches, the time has finally come!

This is the Community Shrine and is a monument to all of you, the community!
But it is also a way for some people to make their names permanent in the memory of Stonehearth ACE and support us, if they want!

That is because the Community Shrine includes a nice little UI of its own where you’ll be able to see a list of people that have supported ACE through our new Ko-fi page! :jubilant: The list will be ordered by membership tiers (we offer three options!) and then by the amount they supported us with:

Yes, that is right! After 3 years, we’ve finally decided to humbly and thankfully accept the contributions that many of you have asked about for so long :jubilant: This is not a decision we’ve made lightly, and ACE remains and will always be a passion project with no pay-walls or exclusive content of any kind, it will remain community driven and no one will get any special means of reaching us or suggesting/requesting content any more than what the community already can through our official channels (here and Discord)!

While the above is true, we do offer some somewhat nice “rewards” for your support, like a special and fancy Discord role, some exclusive sneak peeks and pictures of content being created and a nicer position for your name on the Community Shrine plaque!

One of the main reasons we’ve decided to do this now is because it’s much easier and manageable than before, since our team is quite small now (essentially two people :jubilant: ); but also because the world has changed a lot in the past few years - unfortunately not necessarily for the best :glum: - and the truth is that every bit helps :heart:

Thank you all very much and have a warm day :merry: :heart:

5 Likes