[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.4.7 - The Drinking Update!

Or for 1 season only (7 days for Autumn in Arctic Biome), in the case of Walnut Trees :slightly_frowning_face:

There is one problem that happens with NA animal shelter (for small animals). I was getting animal loot not only on the roof (this one i solved by building a ladder and adding custom blocks on the roof) , but below the elevated floor as wel - where hearthlings can`t reach because it is elevated 2 blocks only.

I changed that building model by elevating the floor by two blocks (for a total of 4 - now hearthlings can walk below) and removed the “custom stone ladder” just in front of the two animal entrances, added ladders from the builder (they are completely full of blocks, so there is no chance i get loot below the stairs).

And then i noticed neither chickens nor rabbits went to their pasture beddings :slightly_frowning_face: , not until i moved all beddings to the floor below (at terrain level) ; then it worked, all animals imediately went to their beddings.

Note, i really, really like this building model from NA, it is different and beautiful, however it must undergo some changes . :confused:

Edit: because i had something like 15+ animals looking for pasture beddings and not finding one to sleep on (it was snowing - blizzard), i got a massive lag - my fps went down a lot.

Was it a large tree or a medium one? In most cases, the trees start producing at medium size but will only do so for 1 season; when they grow to their largest size they’ll produce for longer.

Walnut trees may be an exception though, NA is balanced around hunting being a common food-source so the various options to forage are toned down a bit as a result; and the weather intentionally makes farming a little less effective.

A small tree. But even fully grown it gives something like ~3 baskets.

Ahhh … makes sense … but still, not being able to plant enough walnut trees so that you can harvest a good amount of nuts in the second (very short ) autumn feels a bit harsh …
One way of dealing with this is increasing the conversion rate, basket of nuts > walnut seeds . The other is making big (fully grown) walnut trees more common. Last time the majority i found were small.

I got the following error while playing, as soon as i activated the Titan Quest (Amberstone Clan side). Note that i use ACE only. Is it a harmless bug?

release-949 (x64)[M]
…nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:454: table index is nil
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘report_error’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:58: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:51>
…nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:454: in function <…nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:449>
(tail call): ?
stonehearth/data/weather/titanstorm/titanstorm.lua:288: in function ‘?’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:194: in function ‘invoke’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:77: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:67: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:538: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:58: in function <…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:57>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>

The animals can’t eat food
There is a lot of food on the grassland but rabbits just run around on it until they die.

Is this mod still being worked on? It has been a while since the last update.

1 Like

It is, you can check their GitHub Repo (also handy for sneakpeeks).

thx, i will check it out

I got same problem…

Hi guys!

I have a problem and I have no idea if I forgot doing something or if it’s a bug.
After I lay the field, the list of crops is empty, even after I open seed boxes, no pland, tree, or seed appears in the crops list.

Hi!
Same problem on ACE 9.5

stacktrace for developers

2020-05-17 10:50:25.764640 | server | 1 | lua.code | generating traceback…
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | – Script Error (lua) Begin ------
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | …onehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_farming_service.lua:74: attempt to index local ‘catalog_data’ (a nil value)
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | stack traceback:
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | [C]: ?
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | …onehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_farming_service.lua:74: in function ‘get_crop_details’
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | …onehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_farming_service.lua:54: in function <…onehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_farming_service.lua:37>
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | (tail call): ?
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | stonehearth/call_handlers/farming_call_handler.lua:63: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/farming_call_handler.lua:62>
2020-05-17 10:50:25.765617 | server | 0 | lua.code | – Lua Error End ----------------

If you guys are using ACE Unstable, please specify it when you post a report :slight_smile:

This error seems to be from unstable, that is currently under heavy work and farms are currently broken in it :smiley:

If it is not from unstable, them please let me know what kingdom are you using and what other mods :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, dude!
Yep, i’ve use unstable ACE, now rollback to 9.4.7
Waiting for updates

1 Like

I use unstable and this happens with Ascendancy but not with Raya, at least for me.

1 Like

Hey all, I just recently found this game and roped a few friends into it, and we are absolutely in love. Thank you so much ACE team for your continued work some such a cool project!

I have a save going right now with 2 other friends and everything is working flawlessly. I have however gotten to the point of too many hearthlings and simulation creep and all that before getting the ACE mod however, so i did research and know about the game being poorly optimized and all that.
What im now wondering is, with the ACE mod, and with 2 players in my multiplayer, how many hearthlings do you think we could get to total before noticing issues? this is while keeping in mind the many things keep lag down, such as short path finding, one building at a time, etc.
Since we dont know how to kick out a hearthling, we’re scared to just test it ourselves and then get to a breaking point we cant go back from.

Any thoughts? Thanks again for all the work

My system is as follows
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700 @ 3.60GHz 54 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB
Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 (CPUSocket) 37 °C
Graphics
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

and all 3 players have it on SSDs

1 Like

Awww, thank you very much :jubilant::heart:

Your specs are actually very similar to mine before I changed to an i9, the major difference is that I also have double the RAM but considering that my processor was way older and my GPU was a 1070 and not 80, I guess it’s relatively similar.

So, back then, I could get to around 50~60 hearthlings in single player before it started getting annoying or really bad, and never had much issues with crashing tho they did happen one or two times when loading huge saves…

But multiplayer has always been a different beast. Even with those specs, I’ve noticed that one of the major players in multiplayer is the latency/distance. Because the game is very prone to de-synching and unfortunately SH doesn’t handle de-synchs well, it just crashes the client after a brief moment if the de-synch is too high. So, to give you an idea: I live in Brazil and when I play with someone from Europe, for example, we can barely reach 15 citizens each (so 30 total) before it starts becoming bad – performance IS GOOD still (for the host) but the client starts experiencing stuttering and then de-synch and crash.
When I play with my brother, however (who also lives in Brazil) We could reach 20-25 each before that started happening. Unfortunately I have not tried with my brother since I replaced the processor, but with my european friends its roughly the same (even though in single-player I can reach 100 hearthlings), so I’d argue that for higher end computers, multiplayer performance is decided more by the latency rather than the game performance issues themselves.

All that said, there’s a bunch of tips/things I learned that could help with multiplayer:

• Keep the speed down, don’t use faster speed, faster speeds make loss of synch much more likely.
  • Give the clients speed control and let them pause whenever they observe “stuttering”; a quick pause (few seconds) is enough to go back in track
  • Disable auto-save. This one is perhaps the most important tip here. Unfortunately, when the game saves the clients are not informed of it - and understand the game stopping as a “server hang”. We noticed on tests that after an auto-save while the game was running, clients usually come back with a lot of lag or near de-synching because their games don’t understand the sudden stop by the server. The best way is to save manually and do so by PAUSING first, then saving and then playing again.
  • Things like planning buildings (especially using the paint tool) lag a lot and it’s advised to avoid them if possible… One idea is to plan your buildings on single player then you already have them designed for multiplayer – but another very functional idea, if that can’t be done, is to have the game paused while someone designs a big building. It sounds a bit boring, but it works if everyone just take the opportunity to design buildings too :merry:

That’s all I can think of now, I think that if you guys are very close to each other (physically)… like same country or so, you can probably go up to 15 or so citizens each with those specs! But if you’re all spread around the world, I’m afraid that number will be quite lower :frowning:

Hope it all works out!

2 Likes

this was actually SUPER helpful. I should clarify, i meant 2 friends in addition to me, so we will be pushing it for sure. However, we had each stopped at only 8 citizens each, so it seems we can certainly get a few more, additionally we all live within a hour from each other, so im sure that helps. Great tip about the auto save too, i hadnt heard that one yet.

One last quick q, where do you THINK (obviously just a best guess) the bottleneck will be here? RAM? Network bandwidth? CPU? (does the game still calculate everything on a single thread like i read it used to?
I’m actually getting more ram soon so maybe that could further help?

1 Like

The bottleneck is definitely CPU (in single player) and network in multiplayer.

RAM usage is fine, the game does seem to have a small memory leak on prolonged game sessions but nothing that a save and restart every few hours can’t sort out :merry:

So the bottleneck is usually CPU.

Hey guys!

I’d like to add compatibility with ACE for my Miner mod. What do I need to do to make sure the Miner doesn’t die of hypothermia?

1 Like