[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.2 - Out now!

We have a pretty big update coming out soon, we’re finishing up some final changes and testing.

15 Likes

Can you please define the word “soon”? :thinking:

1 Like

You’re welcome to hop on the Discord and observe the process or contribute to the play-testing and bug-finding. As it is, I was hoping for tomorrow, but little things keep popping up, so we’ll see.

6 Likes

Finalizing/reorganizing patch notes (17 pages in a Google doc)…

Edit: good news, so far Dani’s trimmed and compressed it down to 18 pages.
Edit 2: okay, 18.3 pages.

8 Likes

Can confirm, this is not a belated april fool’s joke :smiley:

8 Likes

you don’t have date?
I just saw the new version, thank you

So really loving the update, adds so much to the game that drastically improves it.
Couple of notes after playing it over a few days:

Stone mason jobs seem to be broken, can only make a few things (thus making the Northern Alliance incredibly hard to play).
The Discord itself has no permanent link here in chat from what I’ve seen, unsure if updating the original post is possible but creating a new and permanent link and updating the one linked here would help a great deal.

2 Likes

Hey there, first off welcome to the Stonehearth community and Discourse! :merry:

This thread is for one of the older releases of ACE, the most recent release has a thread here

In that thread you’ll find more info about the latest things being worked on (especially fixes coming in the next update), and a more recent link to the Discord.

4 Likes

Thank you! This was the first link that popped up out of a very few, I got some help on the Discord.

4 Likes

Hey so I’m having an issue? I think?

When building my builds, I want to use specific styles of windows but I see no way to actually select the style I want. I see for instance the Wooden Window Frame, and in the icon for it I see the multiple variations I could use but I see no way to select those other styles of Wooden Window Frame directly. It just rotates through the styles in the icon but every time I craft a Wooden Window Frame it just remains the standard vanilla one. Is there some hotkey I’m missing to choose a specific style of Wooden Window Frame if I have multiple available to me?

1 Like

If you are using the Lostems mod, it allows you to choose variants of windows with a Hotkey (Building Cycle through Variants) when you are placing them down in a building template, or just any spot as a placeable item. You can see what the Hotkey is in the settings, but you may need to restart the game (to get it to show up) if you just added the mod while playing.

2 Likes

holy crap i didn’t see that listed in my hotkeys but i DO have lostems! YES! Thanks!

1 Like

Just wanted to drop a little line here for you modders:

Some of my Hearthlings apparently don’t want to pick up their cargo and just play soccer with it while heading to their next location. Like grabbing a unit of thatch and kicking it all the way to the storage bin where it goes. While I’m highly amused watching this, I’m fairly certain that this isn’t something intentional.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the pets aren’t exactly centered on the pet beds when they sleep. Also amusing because it reminds me of cats, but also probably not intentional as well.

Hello, I have played and watched Stonehearth for a while now, and I have had a few problems with the game [most fixed in ACE] but the two main ones still stand [though I’m not sure if they will be hard to fix since I’m just only getting into game developement].I hope I can make a couple of suggestions. The two ideas in question are hearthlings refusing to remove scaffolding which is really annoying, and the small world generation. the world generation is the one that I think will be harder to fix,but I don’t really know for sure as, as I said earlier I just started developing games. In the main game, the world felt really small and cramped, and I felt as if the worlds were more of boxes with things on it than worlds. I don’t know if you can fix it, I wonder if you can take from Minecraft and load small bits and peices at a time [though I don’t know how that will go with a bird-eye view] or maybe tone down and spread out events and naturally spawning objects. I really hope you can fix these problems.

BTW: I found a really annoying glitch. when I ask the hearthilings to put something down on an already built structure, they will plop it down, then proceed to pick it up again and put it in storage. I don’t know if this is from the base game too, or it’s exclusive to ACE. I didn’t use any notable mods at the time

1 Like

A mod called extra map options is the best/only available solution to get a larger map
Placed or dropped, there is a difference
Placed items should not be removed unless the order has been given

2 Likes

About size of maps: because of how the game paths things around, larger maps take exponentially larger amounts of processing power, many of the players that play a lot basically use the extra map options mod and only opt for its option to take a smaller map, simply because you can still have 5 full towns in a small map. but it also has a larger map, if you really want to.

about the place on a “finished” house and it turning into an iconic and then being put in storage: that house was not finished yet. presumably some items still needed to be placed. (which also explains scaffolding…) protip would be build houses empty, furnish later. the scaffolding only dissapears when the building is finished, this INCLUDES items you put in it in the design stage. only when they are all placed does scaffolding go away. (which explains why i advise you to build empty houses, furnish later)

so TLDR, not ace, base game. but not a bug…just anoying.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try that

Hola, buenas. Hace unos días compre y descargué el juego. Cada vez que le doy para iniciar me sale el circulo azul de carga y se detiene sin poner que es ningún error ni nada. Necesito ayuda.

I seem to be having trouble using ACE. The problem is that I don’t have it at all, or know how to use it. I read that if you play Stonehearth through Steam (which I do) then ACE is automatically added to the game, but if that were the case, it appears it no longer is as I recently downloaded the game and there is absolutely no mention of ACE anywhere.

Here’s the main menu:

Here’s the Modding page:

So is there a guide to installing or using this mod? A “How to for dummies…” type guide that assumes you know absolutely nothing about the game folder, files, or coding.

1 Like

Hello @ZeleronX! Yes, you should - in theory - have ACE automatically downloaded to your game and available through a button on the main screen.

I’m not sure about why it wouldn’t show up, but what you could try is subscribing to it manually, following this link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1577375188

Let me know if it works!

3 Likes