ACE - Authorized Community Expansion Project

If you could add a way to prioritize what work different hearthlings do, that would be amazing. Lets say you want a miner, but when there is nothing to mine you want him to do something else. The way you do this right now is that you tell the hearthling to never do anything else than mining. What I would like is that you can tell him to do mining whenever possible. Otherwise, do something else. Like you can in RimWorld, if you are familiar with that game. In any case, thank you for your effort in making this game much better!

I’m not going to say it’s impossible, but from what I’ve seen of the AI system, it would be a substantial undertaking.

You could try to dynamically change which ai packs / task groups are available to hearthlings based on whether they’re going idle (i.e., not able to perform their current priorities and seeking a lower priority task), which doesn’t sound great because you’d need to keep removing and then adding back in actions that have a higher default priority than actions that you deem to be higher priority.

You could override basically every action that falls into one of those prioritization buckets (mining, building, hauling) to include a check on the calling entity’s (i.e., the hearthling’s) priority settings and dynamically update the action’s priority accordingly. Any mods that added actions would also have to do this if they wanted their actions to be prioritized similarly.

Perhaps the best way would be to override the AI injector to allow you to easily remove and add the task groups you want and, when adding them, modify their priority settings by scaling them down and putting them in the appropriate “tiers” based on your settings for that hearthling. This doesn’t sound that bad to me, though it would also involve some UI work, and it would force tasks into those tiers that might currently be spread out a little more (and actions can still increase their own priority, potentially above the actions of a higher “tier”).

I doubt this will make it into ACE, but I imagine someone will at some point make a mod for it (and perhaps figure out a much better way of doing it than I could come up with).

1 Like

I don’t know if this applies here or not…but it seems like most of the big modders are on this thread so here’s a question. Since we know that sharing living space is a negative (even if it’s small!) to our hearthlings would it be possible to override that somehow? My thought, with having no idea how to properly mod Stonehearth, is to have an object that can be placed and operates similarly to a bed with regards to “ownership” of it. If you place this “family flag” or whatever in the world and then add people to it then they don’t suffer from the shared living space issue. Is that even a thing that would work?

1 Like

Good point, If you start this conversation on the Discord you might get more feedback :wink:

You already found someone? I’m not goog at coding but maybe for the UI i cna be helpful. I’m working for as UI & UX Designer in an Agency since 5 years xD

1 Like

i know that for ACE we decided that famaly/love etc is outside the scope of ACE,
for as to the systems deciding if things or cramped or not… they should probably be modifyable (im always anoyed by how they did it, so will eventually give it a kick unless someone beats me to it, since im slooow :stuck_out_tongue: )
could look at what the mining/fighting flag does and disables (the no cramped feeling thing)

as to your idea, you could, theoretically, make a flag, that gives a buff, that lowers cramped-ness. i think.

We always will need someone to try 2D art, GUI, UI and so on. Never enough personnel on a job this big.

Please bring this up in the ACE discord discussions channel where all the volunteers can see it at once and talk it over. Good idea mate.

Sounds great! So is there maybe a to do list that shows the open tasks?

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile:
If you join or have joined Discord, you can assign yourself a volunteer with the bot and then access our trello!
All the stuff being done is there and you’ll see many have the 2D art tag which generally/usually also leads you to UI tasks :slight_smile:
or if you wish, PM me and we can find things :slight_smile:

Ok i have a discord account but i have no idea how to add myself to the group xD

https://discord.gg/FtHnr3 click this link^^

1 Like

aaaaand done.

6 Likes

I love it

LOL :smiley: Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m curious as to if or when you guys are going to start streaming the progress of ACE.

There have been two ACE Tuesdays so far, and I imagine more will continue.

1 Like

I plan to stream some revamp modelling once I have a bit of freetime :slight_smile:

1 Like

New ACE Tuesday is up :merry:

https://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/37841

Also, (finally) added the Trello and Github links to the main thread!

4 Likes

May I join the discord for this great team? I would like to stay up to date on the projects development!

4 Likes