ACE - Authorized Community Expansion Project

from what i understood from the other coders is that the building editor is. err tricky. so its probably -possible- but not high on anyones to do list because its probably vexing to get to work :stuck_out_tongue:

i like the idea though. would make it a bunch easier for novice builders to make better lookign buildings.

2 Likes

Of course it’s a modification for the comfort, but I found the idea interesting and as the roof system is already in place, I told myself why not talk about it ^^

I really like building and making personal styles, but it’s not the block-by-block construction that makes me dream, it’s about the ability to build what I want in a simple and effective way.

When a thing is repetitive is looking for the way to automate it hihi. :grin:

1 Like

I’ll look into roofs. I made custom color variants in my mod, might be able to design the roof piece to automatically have 2 block high sloped roofs.

3 Likes

without looking into the code, this was the best I could do. it seems that it always matches the bottom of the next step up only 1 up from the bottom of the previous step. even adjusting the points within the actual .qb model the games builder does it this way.

I realize this isn’t anything though other than just adding a second layer of thickness to the roof.

3 Likes

Arf yes if you do not go down the blocks by a notch its like a second layer. :grin:
It seems more complex finally, thank you for this test

1 Like

Another idea popped into my head. Pack animals, or rather pets that would be big enough to carry a few things. Like the Boar or Mammoth.

3 Likes

That might actually be feasible! Can we borrow the code of the Autonomus cricket golems?

1 Like

yeah that would work fine, except most animals wont have a pick-up-item animation.

1 Like

Looks awesome. But one of the biggest questions I got with this is.

What mods does this one replace? So I don’y try loading the same mod twice.

A list of included mods would be awesome.

2 Likes

I’m curious to know, will there be a time where ACE will change how the job page looks to allow a way to show vanilla and custom/modded jobs without being all squished together?

1 Like

how to download this mod

4 Likes

The latest release is available at the top post of this thread, or there’s a link in the same post to the GitHub if you want to try out the unstable versions.

5 Likes

Also, welcome to our discourse, @Terminator!

7 Likes

Is it planned to make some bug fixes for the performance issues with the ACE Expansion Project? Unfortunately after some time it’s always impossible to play it properly.

2 Likes

improve yes fixing performance no
the mod developers can only do so much without rewriting the actual game code
could the game developers have made the game better performance wise, yes probably

2 Likes

i think it would be kinda funny if there was a lazy trait. they would build and craft slower, but they are great at simple activities(i have no idea how this would work :sweat_smile:). when they have nothing to do(which they would try to do often), they would try to go to a bed and sleep.

3 Likes

I like the idea, but I feel like there needs to be some kind of trade-off so it’s not merely a penalty… perhaps the lazy hearthling is more chilled, meaning they take less effect from negative thoughts? They might even give a happy thought to hearthlings around them (or better yet, 67% chance to give a happy thought about how relaxed they are and 33% chance to give a negative thought about how they’re slacking off again, hahah)… so they contribute to your town by boosting morale, and if you give other hearthlings beds/houses first (or other hearthlings beat them to the dining room when there’s a food shortage) then they won’t be so upset as other hearthlings might be.

If they add this then would be good to get an opposite trait of “meticulous”, which could give increased diligence (i.e. the score for how long they work for, under Mind) and creativity (i.e. the score for how likely they are to craft a fine item, under Spirit) in exchange for working more slowly.

3 Likes

I love that, I’ve been looking into “trade-off” traits recently, and this would be an interesting idea :slight_smile:

5 Likes

When it comes to traits, I much prefer trade-offs to flat bonuses and penalties. It’s partly because I’m the type of player who used to spend hours re-rolling “perfect” starting rosters (until recently biting the bullet and installing BEAM mod to save time hahah)… but it’s not even down to min/maxing, it’s because traits help define our hearthlings’ characters which in turn sets up the story that will play out within the game.

A flat bonus/penalty makes you more or less inclined to explore a hearthling’s story; a trade-off makes their story more interesting (and gives you the chance to customise your town a little, too – do you go for X or Y trait, do you keep that starting hearthling or choose another who fits your dream team better?) Sometimes you’ll get, say, a hearthling with high ability scores but they’re Pessimistic and Charismatic (so they’re likely to pass on negative thoughts to hearthlings around them – YIKES); or you might get a hearthling who isn’t particularly good for the job you want to put them in but they have another beneficial trait… these kind of decisions make the game interesting and again they build up a story around how things are playing out.

Focussing on trade-offs rather than penalties, though, means that you’re always adding to the story rather than choosing whether or not to pursue it. Glutton giving a health boost, for example, makes it a really interesting trade-off for a hearthling who already has a high Body and moderate Spirit – they’d be a perfect candidate for a Knight or Footman since they can take more hits than usual. Or, what about Featherweight on your shepherd? If they have to walk a long distance to carry food to pastures then it’s a down-side; but if you build so that their food stocks are stored in/right next to the pastures and disable hauling for them then they’ll zip around town tending to all their animals.

Trade-offs mean choices, and choices is the core gameplay that we’re all here for hahaha :merry:

3 Likes

you could have the trade offs be more beneficial than similar traits without any negative side effects
like the one mentioned with crafting higher chance for highest quality items( dependant on your chosen hearth) but a crafting speed decrease
and a trait that only increases the chance to get a medium quality item( blue diamond) but has no speed decrease

1 Like