That might actually be feasible! Can we borrow the code of the Autonomus cricket golems?
yeah that would work fine, except most animals wont have a pick-up-item animation.
Looks awesome. But one of the biggest questions I got with this is.
What mods does this one replace? So I don’y try loading the same mod twice.
A list of included mods would be awesome.
I’m curious to know, will there be a time where ACE will change how the job page looks to allow a way to show vanilla and custom/modded jobs without being all squished together?
how to download this mod
The latest release is available at the top post of this thread, or there’s a link in the same post to the GitHub if you want to try out the unstable versions.
Also, welcome to our discourse, @Terminator!
Is it planned to make some bug fixes for the performance issues with the ACE Expansion Project? Unfortunately after some time it’s always impossible to play it properly.
improve yes fixing performance no
the mod developers can only do so much without rewriting the actual game code
could the game developers have made the game better performance wise, yes probably
i think it would be kinda funny if there was a lazy trait. they would build and craft slower, but they are great at simple activities(i have no idea how this would work ). when they have nothing to do(which they would try to do often), they would try to go to a bed and sleep.
I like the idea, but I feel like there needs to be some kind of trade-off so it’s not merely a penalty… perhaps the lazy hearthling is more chilled, meaning they take less effect from negative thoughts? They might even give a happy thought to hearthlings around them (or better yet, 67% chance to give a happy thought about how relaxed they are and 33% chance to give a negative thought about how they’re slacking off again, hahah)… so they contribute to your town by boosting morale, and if you give other hearthlings beds/houses first (or other hearthlings beat them to the dining room when there’s a food shortage) then they won’t be so upset as other hearthlings might be.
If they add this then would be good to get an opposite trait of “meticulous”, which could give increased diligence (i.e. the score for how long they work for, under Mind) and creativity (i.e. the score for how likely they are to craft a fine item, under Spirit) in exchange for working more slowly.
I love that, I’ve been looking into “trade-off” traits recently, and this would be an interesting idea
When it comes to traits, I much prefer trade-offs to flat bonuses and penalties. It’s partly because I’m the type of player who used to spend hours re-rolling “perfect” starting rosters (until recently biting the bullet and installing BEAM mod to save time hahah)… but it’s not even down to min/maxing, it’s because traits help define our hearthlings’ characters which in turn sets up the story that will play out within the game.
A flat bonus/penalty makes you more or less inclined to explore a hearthling’s story; a trade-off makes their story more interesting (and gives you the chance to customise your town a little, too – do you go for X or Y trait, do you keep that starting hearthling or choose another who fits your dream team better?) Sometimes you’ll get, say, a hearthling with high ability scores but they’re Pessimistic and Charismatic (so they’re likely to pass on negative thoughts to hearthlings around them – YIKES); or you might get a hearthling who isn’t particularly good for the job you want to put them in but they have another beneficial trait… these kind of decisions make the game interesting and again they build up a story around how things are playing out.
Focussing on trade-offs rather than penalties, though, means that you’re always adding to the story rather than choosing whether or not to pursue it. Glutton giving a health boost, for example, makes it a really interesting trade-off for a hearthling who already has a high Body and moderate Spirit – they’d be a perfect candidate for a Knight or Footman since they can take more hits than usual. Or, what about Featherweight on your shepherd? If they have to walk a long distance to carry food to pastures then it’s a down-side; but if you build so that their food stocks are stored in/right next to the pastures and disable hauling for them then they’ll zip around town tending to all their animals.
Trade-offs mean choices, and choices is the core gameplay that we’re all here for hahaha
you could have the trade offs be more beneficial than similar traits without any negative side effects
like the one mentioned with crafting higher chance for highest quality items( dependant on your chosen hearth) but a crafting speed decrease
and a trait that only increases the chance to get a medium quality item( blue diamond) but has no speed decrease
cough cough Shamless plug
They keep working in the mod?
I have this error pop up too
Hey folks. I suppose I’ve found a bug. What can I do about it?
- When looking through town inventory I find 2 wild plants (sweet potatoes) listed as mine, 1 of them as ‘undeployed’.
- Search through placeable objects, though, shows NO seeds or plants to deploy.
- Okay, I click on the plant in town inventory and it shows a deployed plant. I click again (usually the game switches to the next item) - and it list an undeployed plant as selected (bottom left, has only ‘place item’ button, no ‘move’ and ‘undeploy’ buttons) but does NOT scroll map to its location.
- I press ‘place item’ on the selected plant, and my hearthlings… pick up an already deployed plant and move it to the new place.
Looks like the game somehow lists the SAME plant twice, once as deployed and once as undeployed.
I’m not sure if it is about ACE or vanilla SH (I started playing again just now).
Also, it looks like currently charcoal does is not recognized properly as coal filter-wise. Hearthlings don’t move charcoal from stockpiles that have ‘coal’ switched off to other stockpiles.
Edit: looks like charcoal is considered ‘coal’ and ‘other fuel’ at the same time. To ensure a certain stockpile doesn’t hold these, tick both off.
Still not sure if it is correct.
Edit 2: same with plants and healing herbs. Looks like storage filters don’t work well with multiple overlapping subcategories.