A Question about older Alpha versions

I typed into google “Stonehearth download” and notice there are sites giving out links for Alpha 5, did Radiant agree to this? if not how are they getting away with this?

Was it on a Youtube video? I noticed one on there a while ago whilst looking for other Stonehearth YouTuber’s. And I don’t believe it was a agreement of any kind, could be wrong though

There is one page that’s a blog with a download link, know better to click it tho heh, just hate these if they are fake, I tell my friends about Stonehearth and don’t want them to get malware or viruses, word of mouth (literally) can’t give a link

yes, we’ve had quite a few discussions about this and seen any number of downloadable options for the various clients since the very first Alphas… its an unfortunate side effect of the DRM free path that Radiant has adopted…

in short, no… Radiant has not decided to “give away” older versions of the client… these are all being offered illegally…

all we can really do is be diligent about avoiding these sites and sharing this information elsewhere, in the hopes that those who do download the game illegally will eventually see the error of their ways and purchase the game from Radiant…

now, if you will excuse me, I have to head back to imaginary land… its my turn to ride the unicorn! :smile:

2 Likes