Window not built in the wall but on the wall

Title:

Window not built in the wall but on the wall.

Summary:

I was building housing for my people in an exact replica each, even tho we do not have the template function yet. At the fourth one, the workers completed the house but the window that I have placed on the side of the building were on the wall and not in the wall. So they were no openings built when looking from inside of the house view, and they were sticking out of the wall on the outside.

Steps to reproduce:

1. I chose the floor.
  2. I raise the walls.
  3. I put the roof on.
  4. I place the doors and windows on the walls.
  5. I hit start building.

Expected Results:

Windows built in the wall.

Actual Results:

No opening in the wall and windows place on the wall.

Notes:

I am sorry to say that I have not been able to reproduce yet. All I was doing is building the same house over and over and it did that. I will try to continue building the same way and see if it happens again or if I can figure out how to reproduce it.

Attachments:

Here is what I expected to see happen from the inside. (Same template house that was successful.)

Here is what happened in the bugged house from inside and outside.

Versions and Mods:

Stonehearth 0.1.0 (develop 1687) Latest build found in Steam

System Information:

Windows 7 | Intel core i5 CPU 4 cores | 12 GB System Memory | nVidia Geforce GTX 460

1 Like

I had this same issue. I think I figured out how it happened. Instead of clicking on the doodads icon and adding the windows and doors when building the house, I click on it in the assets menu and placed it that way. When doing so, it was built ON the house instead of in the wall as expected.

Chickenlips Keeper of the lips, Lord of the Poultry

1 Like

Maybe it can happen too, but I know for a fact that I have done it through the doodads. I very rarely open the assets placement menu.

1 Like