Where to start making decorative objects for the game

when trying to craft the item ingame a popup comes up saying “stonehearth assertion failed” something about header.compression

i was wondering if something like that would happen… could you perhaps give a me a download link so i can check out the mod to see if a can find the problem?

here it is

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BykeE2Q7nKK0cUpOYWJKWUgyYUk

I still have no idea what i am doing so keep that in mind lol. very rough 2 min table in qubicle just to see how it goes. it looks like they are trying to craft it away from the workshop too.

1 Like

alright, so he files are all fine, the error has something to do with the .qb file, perhaps something to do with the settings when you exported it… i don’t have qubicle so i can’t say what needs to be set to what :confounded:

perhaps @Wiese2007 could help solve this?

would be handy if it came up with settings when exporting lol. Good to know the files are good though :smiley:

oh wait, checking the assertion error again, its the compression one, when exporting the .qb you need to have compression turned off… thats about all i know…

Okay that helped with that issue XD but they are still not crafting at the workshop and after crafting the item pops up full size and then completely disapears. here is the updated files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BykeE2Q7nKK0Vl90SDdfR09EN2M

XD i guess small progress is still progress lol

looks like you need to make an iconic version. strange that the startermod itself doesn’t have an iconic version in it… so you need to make a table_iconic.json, which would look like this,

{
   "mixins": "stonehearth:mixins:item_properties",
   "type": "entity",
   "components": {
      "item" : {
         "category" : "furniture"
      },
      "model_variants": {
         "default": {
            "models": [
               "file(table_iconic.qb)"
            ]
         }
      },
      "mob" : {
         "model_origin" : { "x": 0, "y": 0, "z": 0 }
      }
   }
}

and you’ll also need a table_iconic.qb, which just means making a mini version of the table model, stonehearths iconic’s are always 10x10x10 or smaller, so that they can fit in a stockpile space

hope that made sense

Yea i was actually thinking that and thought it was strange XD. okay awesome thank you I will do that now.

Do I need to change any other files to “link” to these new files? have made those two new ones but hasnt made any changes in the game.

oh yeah, you do… i’m actually headed off for the night, but i’ll check it out in the morning. :slight_smile:

all good I might check out other mods to see if i can figure it out XD

1 Like

huhu i was pointed ^^ My Lady do you still need help?

Slowly getting there XD I have added the iconic and a ghost version and been playing around with it, the issues i am having is that

• the carpenter isnt making at the workbench
  • I dont understand the following code in the .json files. as in what values i should be putting XD and cos of this its not displaying in the right location in the game etc

`},
“region_collision_shape” : {
“region”: [
{
“min” : { “x” : 0, “y” : 0, “z” : 0 },
“max” : { “x” : 3, “y” : 2, “z” : 2 }
}
]
}

here is what i have so far https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BykeE2Q7nKK0WW5va0Rrdi1fTUU`

I think i am also missing the town inventory information? or i accidently changed it lol

ok at first there is an issue with the qb - its not centered ^^

second the crafter can make it but there is a workbench missing and he needs lvl3 xD

“workshop”: “stonehearth:carpenter:workbench”,

to solve number 1:

and the function optimzed workarea

=

now we come the regions ^^

there are thre regions - the collision (means what is the size so that it there cant placed other things), the model origin (means what is the position of the object) and the destination region (means from where a hearthling can use the object - only needed for objects like workbench trees etc all the have a function)

the show full here a screenshot:

now to your table:

there is still the regions wrong xD

2 Likes

i changed the qb files and placed the other workbench but with that placed the carpenter doesnt go to the bench and i get the assertion fail again. what code do i need to change for “workshop”: “stonehearth:carpenter:workbench”,?

i am wanting it to be a lvl 3 recipe

“workshop” : “stonehearth:carpenter:workbench”,

at the end check with jsonlint.com if your json is valid ^^

also the download the debugtools - GitHub - stonehearth/debugtools: Stonehearth Debug Tools Mod with them you can check your regions and change them - after this you must only copy and change them in the json ^^

1 Like

in the recipe ^^

example:

{
“type”: “recipe”,
“work_units”: 3,
“recipe_name”: “i18n(stonehearth:jobs.carpenter.recipes.dining_table_recipe.recipe_name)”,
“description”: “i18n(stonehearth:jobs.carpenter.recipes.dining_table_recipe.description)”,
“flavor”: “i18n(stonehearth:jobs.carpenter.recipes.dining_table_recipe.flavor)”,
“portrait”: “/stonehearth/entities/furniture/dining_table/dining_table.png”,
“workshop” : “stonehearth:carpenter:workbench”,
“level_requirement”: 1,
“ingredients”: [
{
“material”: “wood resource”,
“count”: 2
}
],
“produces”: [
{
“item”: “stonehearth:furniture:dining_table”,
“fine”: “stonehearth:furniture:dining_table:fine”
}
]
}

1 Like

lol yea i had a mind blank and then realized lol so i deleted the comment. I think i have a broken link somewhere tho cos i get a notification then it crash’s so I will check that. and also put in that information for the inventory because it was conflicting with thatXD