Voxel Pirate´s Qubicle Creations

I’m not 100% sure but I think VP included the grid to increase the clarity of the models. Unfortunately Qubicle renders (without the grid) often don’t do justice to the creation. I’m sure that once they have been rendered in Blender they will be exquisite!

@Froggy You are right. As this is a first draft, I do not want to invest time into exporting and rendering the scene and without the grid those pictures look horrible in Qubicle.

1 Like

When I render out of Qubicle I don’t get a voxel grid. The only time I see a voxel grid is when I am in [matrix] view in Qubicle.
Edit: Thats what they look like for me.

1 Like

@2_Zons Not only to you :smile:. Personally I do not like this look without rendering in some shadow. E.g. the different areas on the hands, head, brest and feets are all melting into eachother.

So how were your images rendered then? They don’t have the matrix outlines of a screenshot from qubicle.

@2_Zons I have saved it via the “Render”-option in Qubicle, I guess just like you are doing. However, you can also display the voxel-grid in the “Model”-view of Qubicle (just activate the button under the icon bar on top called “Wire”). If you render with this setting turned on, the rendered picture will include the voxel grid. This is for sure a question of taste and one likes it with, one without… obviously my preference is to turned it on if I show screenshots of my models (for more details).

1 Like

A small spoiler related to my latest idea for a mod… :laughing:.

9 Likes

wow @voxel_pirate… you’re like the qubicle gift, that keeps on givin’… cant wait to see what you have here! :smile:

Your work is so awesome man! Excited about the SheepBall mod… :smiley:

Now … if we could have the sort of multiplayer that Warcraft 3 had with all those different game modes …

Oh, you excite me Voxel, in every sort of way.

1 Like

that would be so good lol

Thanks for the kind words…

@Geoffers747 Two geniuses, one thought :smile:. For the beginning I hope the planned PvP-mode with importing a copy of another player’s city might be abused. In addition, if this discussion about AI works out… that might allow for quite some fun.

If I don’t see a Stonehearth tower defense mode by this time next year then I’ll be upset!

1 Like

Playing around at the moment with own creations. Here one of the better tries (if you ask me :wink:). Not sure yet for what I might use him…

6 Likes

Ent Titan Awesomness.

That is a thing to fear, especially if you have been a little too handy with the axe of late and the wood sends an avatar of destruction to offer a little gentle correction. :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Yes, that was also one of my first thoughts. However, maybe not one big titan, but a group of 3 “Treants” all styled a bit different and with different skills (working on alternative looks at the moment).

love this one… i could see this as an automaton for Raya’s Children… a mindless tree beast, similar in function to a golem…

1 Like

Perhaps the Elf version of Golem worker?

Playing around with Blender at the moment and trying to apply physics to models which have been created with Qubicle:

5 Likes

i so :heart: you right now…

i would ask you to elaborate on the process of applying physics to your imported qubicle model, but i wouldnt want you to have to resort to using crayons in order for it to make sense to me…