Qubicle Competition Model Submission. Cycle 1, Week 1 - The Wombat! [Vote Here!]

So here it is, round one of our first ever Qubicle competition, and the theme for this week, thanks to @voxel_pirate is the Radiant wombat!

So, go for it. You can submit any model related to the wombat, be it the wombat itself, a rideable wombat, a crazed zombie wombat, a wombat house, the choice is yours; just make sure it’s relevant.

Just to go over the rules once more:

• You can only submit one model per week.
  • Vote for as many models as you want - simply ‘like’ their post by clicking the heart at the bottom of the submission.
  • Keep all discussion of this week over [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-discussion-thread-cycle-1-week-1-the-wombat/1972] here [/url], as anything in this thread that isn’t a model will be moved or deleted.

Model submissions will close on the 6th July, and the winners of this week will be announced on the 7th July alongside the following weeks theme. We’re starting a couple of days early this week just so you guys can get a bit of a feel for the whole thing :smile:

We want to see models regardless of ability and quality as we’re thinking about the possibility of having future awards such as ‘most improved modeller’, so don’t feel like you can’t submit!

1 Like

I tried my hand at making a nice wittle wombat, but still trying to keep it in the game’s style. I still have quite a bit of trouble making models from the ground up, but I’m going to use these competitions to better myself. Anyways, here you go!

7 Likes

my little wombat :heart: :

(my secend attempt at qubicle, i hope its looks fine :P)

6 Likes

It started as a wombat but now looks like a pig with skin problems

1 Like

I submit @Tom @Ponder and @sdee

The Radiant Wombats (The Rockstars of the Future)

10 Likes

Here’s my first attempt at drawing an animal in Qubicle (just downloaded the free version a couple days ago). Hope you guys like it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here is my entry. This is just one version, the other ones I have are [here][1]

I’ve put a settler to compare sizes. God, it looks more like a guinea pig than a wombat x_x
Sorry if the settler is more visible than the wombat. (I suppose models are better judged from a distance, as in the game we’re probably going to manage everything from afar).
[1]: Qubicle Competition Discussion Thread. Cycle 1, Week 1 - The Wombat!

13 Likes

Well here we go. I tried to keep him “blocky” and within Stonehearth’s style.

4 Likes

Here is my little wombat

4 Likes

Hi guys, hope you like it!

Sorry it’s a link but my account wont let me post an image at this time.

steve’s edit: i’ve tweaked your post a bit, so your model will now be visible… looks great!

9 Likes

Here comes my personal interpretation of the wombat :smile:. I have tried to replicate the special species shown in the streams… hope it has at least some similarity.

7 Likes

A little while ago a momma wombat wandered out of the forest. She took a liking to one of the villagers (who later became a BeastMaster) and it was to everyone’s suprize when she had babies. That next week a bunch of orcs attacked the village. Old Momma Wombat (what everone calls her now) climbed under a shield getting stuck in its carry strap. Some people say she did that to hide. Others say she was just getting a little bit of protection for the comming fight. Nobody doubts what happened next. Old Mamma Wombat took a hold of the orc Chief’s leg and shook him right off his feet. Oh, there was orc hair and wombat fur flying everywhere. You could hear both the chieftain screaming AND Momma Wombat growling. Soon it was all over, the chieftain was making a beline run for the village gate with the stunned orc raiders staring at him and Old Momma Wombat. It didn’t take long for them to join their chieftain in full retreat.

Now Wombats live all over the village, and go through Warrior training. Pretty much like big puppy dogs. The armorer now makes them armor suits, rather than that old floppy fitting shield Momma wore that first day.

Pictured below is Momma, and one of her Burly Boys (as the villagers like to call them). And my submition for the contest, the Warrior Wombat.

1 Like

(Hopefully in time)

13 Likes

And we’re closed!

Thanks to everybody who submitted an entry! Voting is still open until this time tomorrow - 18:00 BST, in other words 24 hours time! So if you haven’t already please cast your votes!

The top 2 positions from this week will earn themself a place in the final week of the competition and a chance to win the ‘home’ edition of Qubicle, as well as some other goodies :smile:

Thank you everybody for your submissions, they were all great and I’m glad you participated!

I hope you all continue submitting your models in every competition :smile:

The two people who have earned themselves a place in the 4th week of the competition, and as such, a shot at the prizes are, in joint first place:

• @Relyss [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-model-submission-cycle-1-week-1-the-wombat-vote-here/1971/9?u=geoffers747]With a wombat[/url]
  • @Agon [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-model-submission-cycle-1-week-1-the-wombat-vote-here/1971/21?u=geoffers747] With two wombat units [/url]