Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

i wanted to do one myself but i couldnt think of any ideas :frowning: but ill still compete if im able :smiley:

1 Like

:open_mouth: But! But!

Heheh doesnā€™t really bother meā€¦ there are only three of us so far. Making it exclusive would practically be a crime!

Interesting stone cliff side. Is it meant to be something built to hold back the dirt or a natural stone edge?
Very Macchu-Picchuesque!

EDIT: NEEDS A LLAMA!

http://www.pumapath.com/uploads/images/machupicchu2.jpg

Wasnā€™t this announced by Tom as being free? I donā€™t know much about it, but Iā€™d be interested (if my laptop can handle it!)

3 Likes

Full Game will be free but for the Technical Alpha itā€™s locked to those with keys

2 Likes

UPDATE AND REPLIES:

So, I added some different brick, cleaned up the wall a little, ladder, and tree were added. I also added a puddle, which is a experiement that Iā€™m gonna keep in for now.

I can agree that I might lose the feel of them game at some point. Thatā€™s not really a concern for me right now, the birck floor is just taking a path design recoloring and added variants in height and angle. Much like the wall on the Waterway Render.

Truth is if I stuck to what the game allows and what is in the game atm, I would never be able to get better as an artist or with the tools I use. I would always be stuck wondering what to do next and to be waiting for the next class or feature to allow progress.

Iā€™m not exactly sure how it would work, I would prefer it to go to people without keys to the game that way the game would be enjoyed and played by people who cant atm.

Yes that wall is holding back the land that is behind it, I used many many shots of it to show. Iā€™m working on a door to make it look like a Rabbit home (Sorta like a hobbit hole but it would fit into the SH world).

Iā€™m trying to stay with the style of the giant rabbit statues and lamps that are in game now. Which is hard to make a door forā€¦ but Iā€™ll do it!

and Llamas sold seperately.

6 Likes

I personally think that is a good thing. Instead of pandemicā€™s genius talent being wasted on making glorified screenshots, he is making pictures which resemble Stonehearth but also are creative and explore future options. As precedent look at Slamacow for Minecraft.

3 Likes

i was going to suggest the same thing :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Flattery will get you somewhere lol

4 Likes

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I DID IT! FINALLY!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!

Should probably share what I finally did, WELL This is so awesome Iā€™m gonna show you a comparison!

This is my first attempt at recreating the look of fire from the game. Itā€™s terrible. It doesnā€™t look or act like fire in the game. @Tom even stated so on a livestream that the blocks coming off the flames also emit light. Now feast your eyes on todays WIP shot of the newest Render. WARNING Itā€™s grainy but the fire is clear.

I LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER! I DID IT! ā€¦ it took me 6 months BUT I DID IT! Few more detail passes ad lighting passes and Iā€™ll be done :smile: ETA Wednesday

12 Likes

#woohoo!

congratz mate! you sure have come a long way since i first saw your work, and you continue to impress me with every new render.

cant wait to see what else you have in store for us!

2 Likes

Iā€™m WAY to excited for this small bit of awesome XD

5 Likes

RELEASE:

So, I found the bunny statue and lamps the other day and thought ā€œWhat can I do with these?ā€ Looked up some ruins on Google and BAM! Instant Ideas!

So, itā€™s been said multiple times that the lamps and statues were made by the ancient bunny people. I wanted to make sure I stayed true to the color scheme and racial ties, hence the bunnies everywhere. But some skulls around cause you knowā€¦ ruins?

I decided to make the floor out of bricks, I had actually made a road in-game before trying it here but when I made it in Qubicle and exported it something felt off. So I opted to make bricks and manually do the floor, and I think it REALLY paid off. Along with the fire breakthrough I had yesterday I just needed to make it a night scene. Btw All of those vines you see? I made those in Blender using itā€™s modeling tools, I think they turned out awesome.

Overall Iā€™m really pleased with this one. Clocking in at 15 hours of render time, I think itā€™s totally justified. This one is a favorite indeed.

SO, I mentioned earlier about Rising Thunder Keys! Iā€™m just gonna post them :slight_smile: Itā€™s too much trouble for me to try and make a competition for them especially since the game will be free at some point! Enjoy!

KDVRU-6CHR4-37JJW-5TDTI-R7LNV
P76EE-GNC4U-ZKD0I-91U72-UW3VU

And that ends the update! Have a good one folks!

13 Likes

Woohoo, I definitely like the way this one looks. Its a really full frame with tons of detail. Just about everything in this one is super epic!

1 Like

Looks sick :stuck_out_tongue: perhaps you could include the ents in your next render ?

1 Like

The Ent and his minions were supposed to appear in this one, but sadly I couldnā€™t due to the rigging time it would take to make the end workable. He has SO many pieces, and i donā€™t have the meta file for how itā€™s supposed to work. Played it safe

1 Like

this is definitely my favorite renderā€¦ so much atmosphere in this image! :+1:

absolutely love how you pulled off the lighting effects! :clap:

4 Likes

Maybe you should give him a personal closeup of his own? You know, how you did in the olden days with the shepherd, the wolves, that spoopy skeleton you did onceā€¦

1 Like

I do plan to do this at some point. but the Wolves/Trapper, Shepherd were already fleshed out in game and I knew the conditions they appeared. I donā€™t know this for the Ent yet, once the dev team released details either in video or livestream format Iā€™ll start on that.

Today, Iā€™m going to be expanding my horizons a bit. I want to experiment on the models using the torch particles systemā€¦ try and make some magic happen :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

#FlameSwords and eyesā€¦

Thatā€™s all.

13 Likes

I think at this point Pandemic should just get to be a character in the game :smile:. Make him like a game event or something. And with that model itā€™d be even cooler, have him be someone with can interact with, maybe an adventurer that comes to town with rare loot for sale, or maybe he has a quest he needs help with. Just something because when I see his work I fell so inspired about the Stonehearth world and what it will be and hold, and he shows us whats possible in such a great way. Love your work Pandemic!

5 Likes

That would be amazing!

Thank you :slight_smile: Iā€™ll do my best to keep doing what I have been :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes