Misscount between stockpile and crafting UI

I had made 21 mean beds preparing to make comfy beds, went to Carpenter’s crafting ui, selected “Comfy bed” and noticed the difference between real and viewed count.

Crafting UI shows only 9 mean beds while you can see there are a bunch more

5 Likes

Thanks for the report @Unatan2, can you upload the save where you are seeing this? Will help the team debug the issue.

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

How many mean beds appear on your inventory (undeployed and deployed) ?

1 Like

I have 9 deployed and 21 in stockpile according to Town Inventory

2 Likes

Actually it appears the system is counting only the deployed beds, sorry I don’t have another crafter drafted yet that uses pre-made stuff to see if this is all crafters or just the Carpenter

this actually sounds like the logic is backwards. :sweat:

crafters cant use deployed items so shouldn’t it count the inventory and not the deployed beds? :pensive:

1 Like

It seems that if there are no deployed beds, it will show the undeployed number on the crafter UI, but when there are deployed beds, it will pick the deployed number of beds.

I remember long ago the carpenter undeploying automatically the mean beds to craft the comfy beds, and I think it wasn’t a bug.

2 Likes

That be nice if the carpenter would use the deployed ones if there was no more in the stockpile, would keep me from miss-counting :grin:

Yeah… I mean, it should be consistent, in a way that doesn’t confuse the players.

Maybe showing the total count (deployed + undeployed) but prioritizing the undeployed ones, or something like that.

I think in the past the problem was that unless it was undeployed the carpenter wouldn’t pick them, making the users to manually undeploy the beds, and then it changed because we wanted him to upgrade the beds on his own, without having to babysit the queue.

But there are other cases now to take into account, like beds inside buildings, etc. so this should be reviewed.

Thanks for reporting!

3 Likes

Yeah the problem this presents is if you have the carpenter decide if he wants to upgrade the undeployed beds first or the deployed beds first you will be wrong 50% of the time.
There needs to be something for the player to choose that they want to upgrade existing things or build something new for trade.
If the game defaults to always upgrading your beds, while it would be consistent and easy to upgrade you would have to sell beds you are using if you try to meet a trading quest.

A simple fix would be to add a new button on the bed UI for upgrading, this would have to specifically queue that bed id into the crafting queue. If you want to upgrade all the beds at once, select the building in build mode and queue every bed in that building for upgrades.

3 Likes

Summary:

Attempting to craft some Comfy Beds. The crafting window is stating that the pre-requisite Mean Beds are available in stock, when in fact the Mean Beds are all deployed. The crafting window does not display the red exclamation point warning you are missing key ingredients.

Not sure it matters but the the ‘auto queue crafting for building’ is enabled.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Craft and deploy Mean Beds. Assign owners to the beds.
  2. Attempt to craft Comfy Beds.

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release-687 (x64)

System Information:
Windows 10

2 Likes

Hey there @Alvarney, can you upload the save for debugging?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Here you go1484314696188.7z (5.4 MB)
. Of course I have moved the game on since the post. If you would like I could try and set up the circumstances again for you. Just let me know.

1 Like

Summary:
i have the township quest active, i’ve queued the trading goods monument for which i meet all the requirements, however it isn’t going green and being built by the potter, he’s completely ignoring it. but he will build other items i tell him to

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a kick-ass town and get 20 people
  2. Activate Township quest
  3. Attempt to build a monument (trading goods) that you have all the resources for.

Expected Results:
Potter will build the trading goods monument

Actual Results:
potter ignored this command completely

Notes:
this was an Alpha 18 game that was converted to Alpha 19 when it came out

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
no mods in use

System Information:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit,

Hey there @Mattheus16, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!

That doesn’t seem right. Can you upload the save where this is occurring?

1 Like

Hey,

im not too sure which is the file you need?

client_state.bin?
metadata.json??
or
server_state.bin???

in the save games map there are numbered maps of every save. Just play the one that has this error, save it and you should have that save as the newest savefile at the bottom of the row.

Then make a zip version of that small savefile and upload it here

2 Likes

It’s the 4 files, @Mattheus16. You have to zip the savefile folder that contains those 4 files, as @Doc_Brano has mentioned.

2 Likes

Have you tried demoting him then re-promoting? I find that helps when crafters get stuck. Also, make sure that the crafter can get to the resources. If the items are in inventories crafters can’t reach then they will show up as available but then the crafter won’t be able to path to them.

OK! So,

Here is the save file with the error, by the way i had to delete the screenshot part of this folder so it could fit into this message, if i broke it somehow by doing this let me know and ill send it to you another way
1477817609140.zip (9.4 MB)

Upon playing a few more days (in-game days lol)
the glitch somehow fixed itself and my potter randomly built it, if you want to see that file then let me know.

However there are a few more bugs I’ve encountered in this save file, such as the “Traveler from a distant land” keeps offering me trades for seeds that he has already given me i.e. turnips, bright bells and frost snaps; instead of flowers that i don’t know how to farm like sunflowers, fox lilies and oak, also workers keep forgetting about mining jobs.

I also have a suggestion, if the population cap could increase slightly when you achieve township status that would be great!!

cheers!