Map Game: Heroes and Crime Edition

Welcome to Crimton, a sprawling metropolis where crime runs rampant. Will you save this city from it’s damnation? Or plunge it further into hell?

In Crimton you can play as a Superhero/Supervillian/Private Investigator/Crime boss/corrupt businessman/Store owner/masked vigilante etc., let your mind run wild. Each class will have it’s own point system such as money/influence/fear/power that can be spent to buy goons, gear, equipment, territory etc.

Crimton is full of interesting NPCs for your character to interact with. If your character sees a guy/girl they like the look of, feel free to walk up and talk to them. They could shank you but it doesn’t hurt to make friends.

Doing something in someone else’s territory will be more effective than in neutral or your own territory but it can attract the attention of cops to that player and they could get revenge by burning down your hideout or some such. Be warned.

You will have to worry about your character’s mentality so be careful lest your character go completely insane and go on a murderous rampage. To increase your characters sanity, spend actions on calming things like watching a movie in a theatre, having a cup of coffee or going for a walk.

When you post your character, also post your turn and once you do that you will be invited to the discussion PM.

The rules:

1.I’m free to change these at anytime if I think it will work better

2.This thread is for turns only, keep the arguments and diplomacy and stuff out of it.

3.Every turn you can take two actions. You can increase your actions per turn by either hiring more goons/a sidekick or having a lot of territory. It will cost money/influence/fear/power to do either of these things.

4.If you are arrested by the police you will lose an action for a turn. You will be more likely to be caught the higher your wanted level is. You can spend money/influence/fear/power to decrease your wanted level

5.Alliances will give all players involved an extra action but the bigger the alliance, the more likely the police are to catch you.

6.If you are killed, you will restart at the hospital but you will lose territory and money/influence/fear/power.

7.I’m trying to make this very open-ended, if you want to try something just try it or ask in the discussion thread. As long as it’s not too OP or unsuited to a fantasy setting it should be fine.

8.Turns will be out every second Friday, if you miss this deadline, you miss your turn.

9.I control the police to keep you guys in check.

10.Be original with your characters. If you try and go around as Batman or Superman, You will be punished severely in-game and remember, I can and will google your characters to make sure.

11.Roleplaying will be rewarded. Metagaming won’t end well.

To design your character fill out the below.

Name of your Character/Criminal organization/Company etc.: Anything that doesn’t break the forum rules.

Class: Superhero/Supervillian/Private Investigator/Crime boss/corrupt businessman/Store owner/masked vigilante etc.

Hideout: Pick a building on the map. First come, first serve. But remember, the richer the area your hideout is in, the more likely you are to be arrested by police.

(If a superhero or villain)Superpower: What power your character has but nothing too OP. If your character is bullet-proof he can still be set on fire and etc.

Colour: What colour your territory will be.

Map:

Orange - Poor area/building

Dark Grey - Industrial area/building

Light Green - Medium Wealth area/building

Light Grey - Rich area/building

White - Hospital

Red - Fire station

Blue - Police station.

•Crimton is set in the 1960s-1980s but not in the real world. So no trying to save JFK crap.

•There will be areas off the map such as the Prison that you can visit.

•Each turn can represent a day to a week, this is liable to change at any time.

•Nothing is off limits remember, you can do anything at all if you try hard enough.

3 Likes

wearily rubs at his temples

please tell me this is just an announcement, and that this will be taken to PM…

5 Likes

actually, you can simply create a PM and invite all the players who want to participate… no need for a thread in the main discourse…

5 Likes

#Baby Dwalus
Baby Dwalus was born in '53 (Subject-to-change), as @dwarf Von Albercht. Papa Dwalus soon abandoned him for his nefarious neurotoxin business, and Mama Elsiva became a hippy. Growing up on your own means you gotta be rutheless to survive.
Class:
Assassin/Villain
Superpower:
Baby Dwalus can fake his death without anybody realising
Hideout:

Colour:
See Map

Further Info:

Killing Technique:
Baby Dwalus’ home is on the rooftops, he cooks his food on Mrs Gren’s chimney and keeps his weapons under a pile of tiles. His weapon of choice is the knife. A short stabbing knife. Baby Dwalus kills by waiting for a passer-by below his roof. He then jumps…, and the bloody murder begins. He uses a rope to get himself back onto his roof.
NOTE:
Baby Dwalus is a proud cannibal

@Newf, if you tell me the date, I’ll make a timeline of Baby Dwalus’ 1.5 year life…

EDIT:

Action 1
Kill people, eat their corpses and steal their money… all whilst staying undetected (waiting till there is no-one in the street or around him, killing quickly and removing the corpse rapidly
Action 2
Get @Gridnick to buy my groceries, I also ask him to send a letter to Papa @Dwalus if he gets near his building.

2 Likes

fair enough… this thread will remain open for the next 48 hours

then all activity can be transferred to the PM system… agreed?

1 Like

or… :wink:

how about the original post is updated to ask folks interested in joining the game to simply PM @Newf and whoever else might be “running the game”… we then lock this thread

if anyone comes to the discourse and thinks to themselves “hey, I really want to join a map game”, they can search and subsequently finds this thread, then message the game owners requesting access to the PM discussion…

2 Likes

Name of your Character/Criminal organization/Company etc.: Mechatronics inc.

Class: CEO of Mechatronics inc.

Hideout:

Colour: Bright green.

Action 1:
Begin production and sale of a new kind of robot. “The new and improved Mechatronics self defense bot! I will protect you while you sleep! To order call 1-800-666-6666.”

Action 2:
Begin work on expanding my territory to cover the entire block.

1 Like

Dominic Hoyt
Founder of the newly-created Danuk Armored, Dominic plans to create a thriving business in armored car service, cash logistics and valuable management services. Of course, he’ll need to hire new employees first…

Class:
Businessman, founder of Danuk Armored

Business Headquarters:
Click me!

Color:
Dark Green

Action I:
With his company up and running, Dominic goes about contacting local stores, banks, and businesses to see if they wish to use Danuk Armored services.

Action II:
After contacting the stores, Dominic goes out and finds a suitable car manufacturer to produce the armored cars for him

1 Like

not sure I follow… you guys are creating a game that will “live” in the PM system… the post on the discourse will describe the game, and how to join…

where’s the disconnect?

1 Like

Submission:
Sema Moisson
Class: Assassin
Superpower: Incredible sniper
Hideout: bottom dark grey building in the right side

1 Like

Papa Dwalus
The eccentric crime boss of the Mafia, Papa Dwalus is a proud elected official and an okay-ish father. Papa Dwalus’ son is a cannibal, but he’ll grow out of it. Currently Papa Dwalus (formally Dwalus von Albrecht) is the Mayor of Crimton, having held office for a few months.

Class:
Mafia Boss

Hideout:
See the grey district firehouse? Directly North of that.

Color:
Dark turquoise

Turns

• Send Jessica to go get a job at the Crimton Bank of Commerce.
  • For the purposes of roleplay, purchase a home 6 streets over from the firestation in the Park District.
2 Likes

@SteveAdamo this thread will not always be always popular. It will suddenly rise for a couple days every second friday when the summary comes out but it won’t always take up the top slot. So don’t worry about that.

Now, everyone delete any post that isn’t about your character.

1 Like

please understand, if this thread generates an excessive number of posts, or if there is any of the (typical) infighting we see in the other map games, this will be locked immediately, and all discussions will take place via the PM system…

apologies if this comes off as harsh, but I think everyone involved in the maintenance of the discourse have been more than accommodating…

8 Likes

Name Harald Black
Harald Black is a scamer, con-artist and gambler known under several different names, he mostly keeps to the law, as their is no direct law against using superpowers to manipulate the outcome of games, and earns his money by gambling.

Class: Scamer/Con-man/gambler

Hideout:

Superpower: Probability manipulation

Colour: Purple

##Turn 1

Harld sets up shop in a slum alleyway using half the focus on his power to avoid patrols and the other half increasing his change of winning slightly. The games played this time is: Poker and Blackjack.

Wishing to expand his ways of possible income Harald goes shopping for dice, more sets of cards and a small table.

1 Like

Name:‘The Bankman’

**Class:**Mass Murderer

Equipment: small rowing boat, standard amount of money, the bank man disguise, a lynching rope and a knife

Hideout:

**Superpower:**being able to disappear into the shadows

**Colour:**I don’t really care

Turn 1-

**Action 1:**I lynch someone at the dock or the river or one of the bridges

**Action 2:**with the money @dwarf gave me and a bit of my own buy him lots of groceries

1 Like

Name of your Character/Criminal organization/Company etc.: Quantum

Class: Superhero

Hideout:

(If a superhero or villain)Superpower: Super Speed

Colour: Yellow

EDIT:

Action 1: Quantum searches around the slums for a decent sidekick.

Action 2: Begins buying materials to build a better HQ.

1 Like

Name of your Character/Criminal organization/Company etc.: The Consarcio(Stitch) Syndicate

Class: Cult/Crime Syndicate

Hideout: Hospital in the slums.

(If a superhero or villain)Superpower: None.

Colour: Navy Blue

Edit:

Action 1: Start marking out areas in the slums that are high density zones at night, for harvesting purposes.

Action 2: Start setting up a foreign hospital organ exchange program to create a paper trail for the increases of organs stocked in the hospital.

2 Likes

Name of your Character/Criminal organization/Company etc.: Razor

Class: Master Thief Villain

Hideout: northen most orange building close to the river.

(If a superhero or villain)Superpower: Diamond sword that serves also serves as a loot locator.(sword also always returns in scabbard on my back if lost)( I am a great swordsman by the way able to block all projectiles while only reducing damage from explosives)(sword has camouflage abilities)

Colour: Neon Green

Turn 1: Propose treaty with Pappa Dwalus in which I offer them protection from superheroes and help them on some job runs in return for advanced light-weight armor and guns.
Turn 2: Razor thinks to himself, “I’ve got to make myself known”. With this he decided to start by robbing convince stores that were far from his base and in random locations, but still staying in the slums since cops liked to take it easy int the residential and rich areas most of the time,

1 Like

There you it is finished

Name of your Character/Criminal Organization/Company etc.: Zilla ‘Zillionaire’ Zillington/ Owner of “Future Life INC.”

Class: Wealthy Inventor (Bent on World Domination)

Hideout:

(If a superhero or villain)Superpower: ability to make robot minions out of any electronics, old and new…

Colour: Dark Orange

Turn 1

Action 1: Zilla’s time machine breaks after he uses it for the first time, He takes time to find what time period he is at…
Action 2: After finding the time period he is in, Zilla scares the owner of a big, rich looking building to do his bidding, and he begins to make robot minions out of any electronics he can find, maybe he can takeover the world at this time period, since he knows technology that is hundreds of years ahead of this time…

3 Likes