Livestream - Animation and AI work - today July 19th at 4PM PST

Yaaay, a good stream! A good, planned, not-flash stream. It’s good to see the progress that’s being made.

stream has concluded… here’s a link to the archive:smiley:

1 Like

Great stream. Thank you all for taking the time to set it up. I always learn a lot from them and I look forward to the next one :slight_smile:

they are very informative… i love how @Tom called you out, in “reverse engineering his sh**”… :smile:

2 Likes

What is it they say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Either way I love his work :blush:

you asked about the finger joints, correct? bah, i suppose i should go through the stream, and get it compiled for @Geoffers747 Q&A thread…

will get to that later tonight… its time for some Cube World… :wink:

1 Like

But don’t you need to practice for Joffers’ dance recital?

#dancingsteve

wait, that wasn’t supposed to happen… How do I use regular hashtags?

Escape it so #dancingsteve would be written as \#dancingsteve.

Ok, like #dancingsteve. Sweet, thanks @Xavion!

yes yes… but he’s still asleep, and i need more time to practice… :dancer:

Thanks for the skype call, the dance was fantastic, although, I’m not entirely sure if the nudity was necessary. It did add another layer to the expression of it all I suppose.

When is nudity not necessary?

@Tom
Did you notice that the sun is on the bottom of the clock when it is daytime? In life the sun is overhead when it is daytime. I would switch the clock so the sun and moon hide on the bottom but show on the front on the top arch of the clock.

I would also reduce the center box by 10 - 20%. It’s big, even bigger (in screen space) than the meter.

Just some thoughts.

i think this makes more sense as well, although the size of the clock looked fine to me… this will also be painfully easy to mod, as its (probably) just straight-up CSS…

i am curious why the sun and moon rotate counter clockwise however… doesnt really bother me, just curious…

See, the counter-clockwisedness of the clock DOES irritate me, but for @Ramcat, the UI is supposed to be based on perspective from the bottom, so it would make less sense for it to be hidden on the bottom. The way everything is designed, it looks as if the player is looking up at it, so without some serious dimensional rifting, that wouldn’t make a tremendous amount of sense unless the clock were counter-designed relative to the rest of the UI…

In English, the perspective makes it more feasible to be showing from the bottom.

well, if you’re going to introduce logic into the discussion, then i’ll just see myself out…

excellent observation though… :wink:

I’m familiar with the ‘tilt back’ view of menus in SH. It still makes sence for the item on the lower orbit to be behind, and in front on top even with the bottom up view. Does it take some interesting graphics, yes but it would be worth it in the end. And a clockwise orbit would help too. The second moon in this image is behind the panel, and looks good.

So, forgive me if this is horribly inaccurate as I have literally just started watching the stream.

I understand the issues with the sun going counter-clockwise … if this part of the UI is displayed at the bottom of the screen … if it’s displayed at the top of the screen however, then it makes perfect sense no?

If I’ve misunderstood something in here, please correct me, and if this issue is addressed in the stream, or if you just want to shout at me, then, well, go for it!

ok, i’ll shout… why would the position of the clock, make one orientation relevant over another?

i dont really have a preference on where the current phase is though (in front while on the bottom vs. the top)…

having now shouted at you, i suppose we need to make up… i’ll leave that to your discretion…

1 Like

Yes we do.

Because I have too much nostalgia for Majora’s Mask? I don’t really know, to me it just makes sense for the cycle to be clockwise - a la Majora’s Mask.

If this is our measure of time, I suppose everyone is used to measuring time on an analogue clock which goes clockwise (I hope for everyone’s sake). It seems slightly counter-intuitive, or just a bit confusing to have an analogue measure of time that goes counter-clockwise? Maybe that’s me.

But if we’re grounding this in reality we could argue that well, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west right? So, bam, counterclockwise makes perfect sense.

And now actually thinking about it, for some reason I was thinking that you would only see half of the clock … I’m an idiot, so let this all stand as a testament to my idiocy.

Edit: I don’t even know who I am anymore.