Getting to know one another

I’m 32, and graduated with a computer engineering degree almost a decade ago, (dang I’m getting old). From the US, and currently work in the IT field fixing server related issues.

When I am outside, i am an avid paintball player, and have been for over nearly 20 years. Recently i have been playing Towns, Terraria, GW2, WoT.

Games I am waiting for: Planetary Annihilation, and Stonehearth.

1 Like

I think if they would have started it within the first 5 days of the KS it could have reached a larger audience. If the youtubers played it, and then it ruffled enough feathers, it could have been featured on major gaming sites, etc. etc., carrying massive amounts of momentum throughout the KS. But we can’t know for sure if that would have been better because it didn’t happen. I am also very happy with the results of the KS so far, I just think this game is gold and I want as much support as possible.

Yes we have lots of great castles in Germany - because of this the most German folks love Castles :smile:

But my question is: Why are American people also such interested on Castles? There was never one Castle in America, only big Forts and Prisons :wink:

We do too have castles!?

To be fair, several of these “castles” are nothing more than European-style mansions, but nevertheless, there are undoubtedly numerous buildings which fit the “castle” motif.

castles [magnificent mansions, palaces] -> Schlösser {pl}archi.
castles [fortified, esp. of the medieval period] -> Burgen {pl}archi.hist.

Ok there is an little problem in the translation for castles^^

you have right the most are only mansions and not the castles that i mean - because while the colonization this period was long time ago in europe because of the gunpowder :wink:

but i must say the Castello-di-Amorosa and Fox River Grove Castle are very great :smiley:

Hi xophnog, For co-op i would recommend most of Tales series, e.g. Tales of Vesperia, Grace f (on Both Xbox & PS3)

for PC i would recommend Orc Must Die 2 (Tower Defense genre game).

i had a blast but its with my mate, my wife would only play facebook game…

1 Like

Well for what its worth, Australia doesnt really have any huge castles…we have rather large rock formations that are appealing to the eye, or we have beaches haha

1 Like

Hello.
I’m a 14 (tmrw’s my birthday XD turning 15 tmrw :smile:) year old asian kid
I am currently in a Science High School in Canada enjoying my life as a super nerd/geek.
I make YouTube vids and am looking forward to doing some walkthroughs of the beta of Stonehearth when it comes out.
My YouTube Channel: LifeandSejin :smiley: please watch some vids XD my new channel that I opened up recently I need some love
Games I Enjoy playing - Starcraft, League of Legends
Basically I’m a little asian kid who loves being himself and is looking forward for Stonehearth and excited in being its active member!!
Thanks for reading this massive paragraph :smiley:

Well since I come here every day now maybe I can do a presentation as well… :wink: I cannot write in few words, so a small Wall of Text incoming.

I’m from Sweden, 33 years young and spend most of my time taking care of the family (mostly the kids, 2&4 years old), house and those things. I work as an electrical engineer during daytime, and when the kids are asleep I try to play as much as I can. I like music as well (play some guitar), and was rather skilled in Guitar Hero. Before the kids I also played a lot of football (soccer for some of you :wink: ).

Grew up with NES and Amiga500, loved games like Sim City & Settlers back in those days. Played a lot of Transport Tycoon on the PC era, and can still enjoy a little OTTD from time to time. Played too much WoW, and not enough Skyrim, and also a lot of Minecraft. Played it in beta, took a break after release, and discovered it again after all good mod packs came out. I really hope that we can see an even better mod world in SH!

I learned Minecraft from @paulsoaresjr in the beta maybe two years ago, thanks for that Paul. So it is quite fun to see him here as well :blush:

I found SH by conicidence on Kickstarter one day after start and I fell in love directly. It is actually the first game I have backed there. Really looking forward to it! Some time ago I started uploading some things to Youtube (link here) as well, and I will probably do it for SH as well if we are allowed to.

If you have read this far I’m impressed, thanks for reading in that case :smile:

hi, thomas here,
I like games like minecraft, terraria is fun too and i’ve been playin some planetside 2 lately.
im from holland, 18 years old, and im currently at the end of high school, and im aspiring to become a game developer after my school is done.
I stumbled upon this game after Generikb made a video about it, i then watched the video on the kickstarter and was immediately super excited for this game. >.< Oh and im planning to make some mods too if that’s intresting too.
I haven’t been on this forum for thaat long, but it’s nice to meet y’all :smiley:

I was just about to link the OTTD to you when I read your thing… then, of course, I finished reading it.

I feel so… young. Wow, this is like the ‘oldest’ forum I’ve ever visitted.

Well, I’m 15, in Britain: England and I have a toaster as a PC and thus I only really get to play games like Minecraft (which is what I do :frowning: ). I spend a lot of my time browsing the internet to find cool games for when I find a job that I can save for a new PC with. I am 16 very soon so hopefully I will be able to achieve this goal then.

Oh, and if you want to know my findings on some good indie games, well there’s this, Cube World and Castle Story (best ones).

I’m 17 years old (18 in like 3 weeks :D) and I’m currently doing my A-level exams :S Hopefully I’ll be off to uni later this year to study Geography.
I’m a massive fan of the Assassins Creed series, Tropico, Minecraft, Warhammer 40K (models and games) and Skyrim, so I’m a little bit random :stuck_out_tongue:
This is also true of my music taste where I like just about everything from Bach to Daft Punk

Eey guys, I am Tycho a 19 year old male from The Netherlands. I am in the same class as @thompie12 so i am also graduating high-school this year. I have been a gamer since we first had a computer in our house xD. I play almost any genre except for horror. (call me a pussy but i just cant handle it xD). From MMORPG to things like cod or Mario Galaxy. Games i played lately are Planetside 2, LoL, Minecraft, warframe and WoW.
I host my own minecraft server together with a friend check: Sea Story Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia (not yet open for public)
I have a pretty severe chronic fatigue decease. Which means that i have about 10% of a normals persons energy. This meaning that i really have to choose what to do. So reduced school time, And things like big partys and going out only by exception or in hollidays.
Nevertheless i already made some things in life with the most important is that there is a Tabletop game from me on the market and lies in the shafts of shops :D. De Poorters van Nieuwstad | Board Game | BoardGameGeek and the publishers page : De Poorters van Nieuwstad
Currently only a dutch edition but if it becomes a success in the Netherlands i may go world wide :D.

I Want to be an animal caretaker or trainer after my highschool. And maybe if people will like my game i will make my job out of it (making tabletop games).

Hope its not to much text xD. but anyway Lets have a good time on this forum ;3.

1 Like

I’m JOC (initials), I’m a 16 year old male from England. I’ve been playing PC games for over a year now and found stonehearth a while ago. I spend most of my time playing games with friends or looking around the discourse but only now got the confidence to make an account. I’m About to go into As levels to do maths and computing and enjoy listening to Rock music.

let me give you a more formal “welcome aboard”… and as i have been brushing up on my British…

ahem

dog’s bollocks! its nice to have you on-board! :blush:

[quote=“SteveAdamo, post:86, topic:422”]

dog’s bollocks! its nice to have you on-board!
[/quote]Yay, finally someone who speaks British too :smiley:

Ignore @SteveAdamo he tries so hard to be a native of the Empire, but we all really know he loves Honey Boo Boo too much to assimilate.

3 Likes

ahh, yes… i do loves me some boo boo (having brain cells is sooo overrated)… but you swore you wouldnt reveal my shame!

and a belated “welcome aboard!” to all the folks i’ve missed in the thread! :smile:

2 Likes

Seems to me I am the youngest! I am in middle school, in San Diego. LOVE RTS games like Stonehearth, expecially moddable part.