Faiths - (Belief Systems, Ideologies, Religions, whatever)

You keep using that phrase. I don’t think it means what you think it means… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Could you possibly be any less specific?

who? me, or @Paranundrox?

in his case, that was a quote from one of my all time favorite movies… :wink:

1 Like

I know where the quote is from, but I have no idea what he meant by it.

Actually, it’s not an exact quote. The actual quote has “word”, not “phrase”.

And why would I be talking to you?

Yeah, I apologize for the confusion. This new Discourse setup doesn’t show replies as clearly as before…
I used “phrase” rather than word to reference how the phrase “fan fiction” has a connotation that is not quite rated G…
(or PG, or PG-13, even)

1 Like

Fanfiction doesn’t always need to have shipping in it.

But most fanfiction are so terrible that they need it, or no one will read it.

1 Like

havent a clue either, but i appreciate completely random, but good movie quotes anytime…

im going to assume you meant that only half as hostile as it came out, and leave you with a big :smile: and a :rainbow:

3 Likes

Eh… I meant “Why do you think I would be talking to you?”…
Actually, is it even possible to phrase that politely?

Anyway, this whole incident could have been avoided had Discourse’s reply system not been broken. Silly Discourse, why won’t you let me directly reply to the comment directly above me?

only if you use copious amounts of over the top smileys… :smiley: :smile: :laughing:

and my apologies for the misinterpretation… i blame the 2.5 hours of sleep i got last night, and the fact that im up late again tonight… le sigh

I appreciate your idea, especially the idea of the different kinds of settlers and the possibility of sects.
The part of choosing different beliefs is also a very bright idea and I might regocnize some parallels with the faith system of Civ V. :wink:

I also like the idea of keeping off gods and direct interactions like UllyssesKnapse wrote already.

At last I only want that the places of worship are not only vast but empty spaces but instead the basic model of realistic and imagined temples (like greek-roman temples, something like stonehenge or synagogues, mosques, pagodas, shinto shrines or old european churches (baroque or renaissance style)).

At last I would like a late-game decision that allows you to tolerate different sects or even religions. Maybe you can achieve this by having a merciful belief which can only obtained via sects. On top of that I’d like the idea of achieving advanced traits only by sects (zealous and benevolent beliefs) or scientific (secular, rational) and cultural (materialistic) progress of your kingdom.

I love your idea especially the personality types but if you had some more for people who hate religion so like philosophical personality types and scientific cults or something

1 Like

None of the personality types are inherently religious or nonreligious. They just are.

And I like it that way.

2 Likes

Wow, you spent a lot of time on that post. And I read every single bit of it. It’s a very thought out concept and I don’t see why it shouldn’t be added into the game. It seems pretty complicated for a rather minor thing, but I would love to see this in Stonehearth. I like pretty much anything that makes each one of the people unique.

1 Like

I have only one thing for this, God/Jesus is the Best! :smile:

let’s please not mention specific figures from existing faiths… especially mentioning one as being “better” than another… things just get messy at that point… :wink:

1 Like

Well, anyone who is Muslim also believes in God… his name is just “Allah”. The reason I bring that up is because it’s the other largest religion in the world, and so it should cover most of the remainder after Christianity.

However, we don’t want to start a Crusade/Diaspora/Modern Religion War Thingy, because that would be bad.

And just to prove my neutrality, I hereby declare my own religion to be… to be continued

1 Like

Are we talking about our real world faiths? or fun game faiths? because I just want to remind everyone to erect statues to the Goddesses of Elements! otherwise Voro Avi might be visiting their town… :wink:

I will eventually finish that story…

this… so much, this… :wink:

3 Likes

It was all right until this part.

How about when someone reaches max faith and they die still at max faith, they become a saint and where they die becomes a holy place. If you build a church on here it gives extra faith.

2 Likes