[Dev Blog] Building and Crafting Improvements

Mean Bed > Weaver makes a mattress out of pelts= Comfy Bed ?

1 Like

A separate “Fuzzy Bed” made from pelts could be appropriate for some barbaric flair. :smiley:

2 Likes

It could also be useful in the future for cold weather biomes, as if you need even higher “warmth” for furniture for happiness or just base health (like the temperature gauge in Starbound). Maybe a debuff in hot climates on the other end of the spectrum, so you have to think smart when you settle somewhere?

And allow me to say, that road icon in the video looks slightly more “modern” than a medieval pathway…the hope for early industrial/steampunk elements in Stonehearth still persists.

3 Likes

Love the improvements guys

I’m dancing! Ahaha wow I’m so excited to see the new update. I like the item updating system. Makes sense and will porbs save resorces down the road. I also saw a button for roads you sneaky devils :wink:

I have a question! ^^

With this update do recipes now require specific items instead of items based on tags?
What if more than one item fits the tags, what icon does it use? Or are the icons defined in the recipe?

1 Like

Pretty sure they just changed the recipe

We’ll know it anyway when they release the Alpha.

In Alpha 6, each recipe ingredient is specified by either a material tag (wood resource) or a specific uri (stonehearth:furniture:not_much_of_a_bed)

6 Likes

Cool, thank you :smile: