[Dev 2521] Error: scaffolding_manager: assertion failed

I already posted this error in this post but as it sparks even more problems I decided to open a dedicated topic for it

develop-2513 (x64)
...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:49: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/events.luac:68: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:65>
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:49: in function '_trace_rblock_region'
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:33: in function '_add_region'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:48: in function '_add_scaffolding_region'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:53: in function '_update_status'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:40: in function 'set_active'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_2d.luac:43: in function '_update_status'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_2d.luac:37: in function 'set_active'
	...arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:213: in function '_start_project'
	...arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:121: in function '_updates_state'
	...arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:117: in function 'obj'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:15: in function 'self'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

this happened when starting a building… the short floor parts that connect the buildings with the main road are the planned building but after starting this the error popped up

after some time the workers finished the most part of the road but not all of it… this short intersection never got built and I think it was the cause of the error in the first place as it crosses an already planned part of the road that was not finished at the time of the new build order

I removed and rebuild it but this time as two short paths just from the doors to the road without crossing the main road

problems that occured after the error popped up are invisible sections of the already finished road that reappear after reloading the game

the problem here is that this staircase went inivisible again after some time … I think after I restarted the short intersecting path mentioned above…

well :hankey:
I just made a fool of myself…
the reason why the staircase is invisible: check my “building vision”
but… why is the upper part of the road hidden und the lower part not?
it’s both “road” and not “slab” so it should either not be hidden or all of it :confused:

edit:
aaaand I got another one…
I forgot that this template has an unsloped 1 heigh roof so they didn’t finish it (see problem here)
so I modified it to a sloped 1 heigh roof and they started to work on it again
BUT: they removed all the scaffolding first just to rebuild it again throwing lots of these errors in the process

1 Like

just loaded my 2513 savegame after updating to 2521 and got it again

I had two unfinished buildings in that savegame and when I pause/restarted one of them I got the error

develop-2521 (x64)
...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:49: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/events.luac:68: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:65>
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:49: in function '_trace_rblock_region'
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:33: in function '_add_region'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:51: in function '_add_scaffolding_region'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:57: in function '_update_status'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:40: in function 'set_active'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_2d.luac:43: in function '_update_status'
	...th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_2d.luac:37: in function 'set_active'
	...arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:223: in function '_start_project'
	...arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:131: in function '_updates_state'
	...arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:127: in function 'obj'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:15: in function 'self'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

it’s the left one… the right one misses a roof since 5 days now and the left one hasn’t been started ever (both ordered at the same day)

update:
well at least they finish the buildings now :smile: