CSI: Stonehearth (Live-Stream Dissection)

Stephanie was so kind to offer us a new piece to investigate in this thread.

It is just another capture of something written on a whiteboard:

A first brief look…

• Top left shows the 5 x 5 tiles which are consolidated into a part of the landscape (shown in the stream).
  • Just below is a list titled “Unsolved Issues”, maybe related to the generation of landscapes (one item is called “path finding”). .
  • Top middle shows another list titled “UI Improvements”.
  • The picture in the middle is obviously a dinosaur.
  • The picture on to bottom spoilers a wizard? Wording below is “The very best part of…” :wink:.
  • Finally there is another list on the right with a lot of items.

… will further investigate after the break. Feel free to contribute!

2 Likes

the arrow pointing to the dino has a label startig with “T”… first blush, it looks like it ends in “gar”…

i also love the :white_circle: on the dino’s rear, with the verbiage “MAKING THIS GAME”… :smile:

1 Like

It seems like there is a secret message hidden on the whiteboard. It consists of the 6 circles with a number. If you put them in order you will get a longer text to the community:

• We :heart: you… (top-middle of the chart)
  • as you’ve… (a bit further down, in the matrix)
  • finding this… (back of the dinosaur)
  • hope you know that you’re… (left next to the wizard-tower)
  • the very best part of…
  • making this game.

Yippee! Ditto @sdee:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

good find @voxel_pirate

5th lblue sentence above the ??? says:

“Geoffers this …'s love for/from you” . Or has @Geoffers747 brainwashed me…

1 Like

no… @Geoffers747 has been, and always will be, the prodigal son…

geez, you set fire to one measly studio apartment… sighs

dont mind me, i’ll just be over here in the corner… playing with a dustball or some such…

4 Likes

My love is endless. Absorb the love until you become the love. Vote Geoffers for Senator.

3 Likes

Cross posting:

I’m gonna decipher some of that blue text on the right hand side, from the bottom to the top:

• ??? (actual question marks)
  • Sowing Sideways wayside school (?)
  • Inter-species Diplomacy
  • Historical Simulators (?)
  • Two Dozen Titans + 7 = … 19
  • Geoffers, This One’s Love For You?
  • Northmen -> Wall?
  • Imp??? systems -> faith
  • Zombies (behind the dinosaur tail but I am the Universal Source of Truth)
  • Mysterious powers (politics?) Yesterday’s Petitions (?) -> Show(?) Something
  • Legs Layers of ??dimension indirection (?) ((In green) for annual (animal?) ??bility)
  • Anticipation (??)
  • ??? works ???
  • Paper, ??? Juniper (?)
  • Underground Tunnels ( (in green) will we ever get ???)
  • Over(land/world/lord??) Fight(Flight) for Airships(?)
  • Yellow ???
  • Estimated (?)

Edit: Black list on the left:

Top says something like Unsolved Issues (about 95% sure on this)

then:
General Information (?) Governmental Infrastructure

• Democracy theocracy (?)

• assigned or defined (defend?) positions

• ??? an option

• Pathfinding

• One tick (task?) or 2

• (One) (In green text)

1 Like

got my fingers crossed on both of these… :smile:

I think it says Inter-species diplomacy

Edit: And perhaps it’s mysterious powers (politics?) -> show something.

@Geoffers747 With the powers given to me by Edgar Hoover, I promote you to the new position of a Secret Agent… well done :wink:.

To your findings…

• Instead of “Sowing Wayside School” I see “Sideway Wayside School” … could be either related to the look of roads in the settlement or to the skill-tree?
  • “Historical Sunbathers” doesn’'t make any sense, right? :disappointed:
  • “Two Random Titans * 7” could also be “Two dozen titans + 7 =”, no?
  • “… system -> faith” might also be “Inspection system - fail”… might be
  • “Legs of dimension” looks more like a “Layer of intersection” to me… really guessing here

Above I can also only identify some words here and there… pepper… underground… yellow… editorial…

I agree with your “CSI”… but not sure if it is “impressions” or “improvements” :smile:. Does the last item start with “Gags of…” and does the 2nd bullet include “… discover…”?

1 Like

Sunbathers looks to fit. Historical might not be right … the word looks like it ends with ‘urious’?

Dozen doesn’t quite look right …

I’m pretty sure it’s faith, it really looks like a ‘ith’ at the end. The first word also looks like … ‘Imp???ian’?

Really not sure, the green text does look like “for ??? jelly”"

2 Likes

i can only imagine how much @sdee and company are enjoying this spectacle of deciphering…

i think it says “transverse prenatal toe-clippings”

no no no… it clearly says “tribunal parenting shoe-strings”

4 Likes

And the “like” for your post from Stephanie just gives you sooo much confirmation.

I guess they are just playing with us and have googled random words to put them on the whiteboard :wink:.

@Geoffers747 Ok, I can agree on the faith-part if you agree on the dozen :smile:.

As we are stucked on the right, let’s see what is on the left…

Unsolved Issues:

• government infrastructure?

• democracy … ?

• assigned vs. … ?

• Pathfinding

Below that “one … or 2”?

2 Likes

you catch on quickly sir… don’t peer too closely into the depths of @sdee’s twisted psyche… she’s a wily one lads… wily!!

1 Like

@voxel_pirate this is what I got on the first pass of that black list, will go over it again in a few hours when I’m back!

Black list on the left:

Top says something like Unsolved Issues (about 95% sure on this)

then:
General Information (?)

• ??? journey (???)

• suspend(???) (assigned) or defend (defined) positions

• ??? an option

• Pathfinding

• One tick (task?) or 2

• (One) (In green text)

1 Like

I that case think we have to overthink everything… and then overthink the overthinking. :thought_balloon:

So a moon and 7 stars (I know you see 8, but the wombat just moved while snapping the shot revealing the unwanted 8th. You know how wombats are)

New music for the game?

The Angels of the North use it for a very old dance called Duck for the Oyster

Well I’ve updated my list above, I think I’ve deciphered a few things, everything in bold is new … if @sdee wasn’t getting some sick satisfaction over all the toiling and trouble such pictures cause our feeble minds then we’d have some concrete confirmation of the list!

But hey, it’s all fun right!?

Couple of things to point out:

The titan point - sounds like there’ll be 19 titans! Wooo.

Also if I’ve read it right - the possibility of airships?

Governmental infrastructure on the left hand list could also mean the inclusion of, well, a governmental infrastructure.

Discuss!

For sure some very interesting points there…

I also have the feeling that “governmental structures” are somehow on the agenda. This would fit into past discussions about having a “King”. Maybe the devs are thinking about this at the moment.

Pathfinding is another interesting topic to see on the chart. Past suggestions by @bitassassin or @Xavion asked for a way to influence this.

Overall it looks like the base is now in place and the team starts to think about some “details”. We’re moving on.

1 Like

for what its worth, if we look at the campaign page (and if all backers actually submit names, etc.), there should be 29 names for Titans… whether that translates into 29 distinct creatures (doubtful) or a pot of names from which the titans get named (likely), is up for debate…

I’m assuming that it’ll end up something along the lines of the 19 specific species of Titan, each with a quote unquote “scientific name” and then the pot of names (pre-generated + 29 backers) will be assigned to the Titans when you encounter them, similar to the settler name generation (or at least what we assume that will be like).