[Con] [1633] Citizens stop building half way through house

Well I can’t confirm that.

Hmmz strange, makes me want to make a new gen and try it again.

Edit: Nope, still wont build the roof with max height =/

Edit2: AltaHMano, sure you’re playing D1633 and not R144?

Yes I am, just checked again.
Also, I never had problems with builders not finishing buildings, except once i believe.

Ya this is very strange. I’ve never run into this bug until D1633 it worked fine in the Alpha 5 release, and previously as well.

Must be something to do with the building improvements they added, Its possible the AI just doesn’t know how to get up to the top, or they just don’t recognize it as a roof.

1 Like

Awwww lucky. :smiley:

Wish I could say the same on my end.

I’ve had a similar issue when I was playing this morning. I have to head to college atm but I’ll post some pictures later.

I was notice that some of the ladders being built were sideways on my town centerish building. I also made a porticoish entrance sicking out the front and noticed some overlapping scaffolding. They had troubles when trying to build the peak though and just started idling.

Had the same happen, but luckily some of them kept working:

Just a few minutes into a new game - one carpenter, and the rest workers.

Not sure if this matters at all but try making a house with height set to the highest possible number, the house in your picture has a flat roof on the top.

thanks for the followup details @BearByrnes… and thanks as well for all the confirmations, folks! :+1:

[tagged]

1 Like

Ya, it seems to only be with max height roofs where there is only one block width across the top.

Anything with a semi-flat roof seems to work okay. At least from the testing I have done.

2 Likes

I built one house fine. But then I go to build another house and they build it until they hit the roof. That’s when they stop building.

Which version of the game were you running, BTW? Just useful to have confirmation is all.

Also, there’s an existing thread on this:

Paging @SteveAdamo for a merge :slight_smile: .

First house flat peaked than next house fully peaked and they stopped building the roof on the second. So I confirm this.

Ya this is even confirmed in the dev builds.

I watched the stream from the 24th and @Tom ran into this while working on making new doors and windows.

He tried building a fully peaked demo house to test the new stuff and the workers stopped just before the roof.

I suppose its good that even the devs have the bug in their builds, that narrows the search down.

Also @Teleros I’m running Development 1633 as it says in the title of the thread for the bug.

1 Like

Well i can still not confirm this.
What directions do your roofs get?

I can also confirm. This has happened to me several times, and it doesn’t seem to matter what style roof I try to make. Flat or peaked, they just don’t finish the house. It’s not every time, mind you, only some of the time… maybe 40% that they don’t finish.

This happened to me also… But with removing a wall. All I did was tell them to rebuild the wall, then told them to remove it. That snapped them out of their phase of not doing anything. So if this happens to you while building something. Tell them to remove the building, then tell them to build it. It should snap them out of it.