[Con] [1633] Citizens stop building half way through house

Ran into a strange bug while testing out the new build.

When I place buildings the workers start normally but about half way through the build they just stop and go idle. They bring all the wood back to the stockpile and there is no way to get them to start the building again.

Restarted fresh world twice and ran into the same issue again.

Anyone else run into this with D1633?

Keep up the great work guys, Cheers!

2 Likes

Got a screenshot? It would help in finding out the cause for this
And what are all the tasks of your workers at that time? Are any sleeping?

Sure let me hop back in and see if I can get it to bug out again.

No, no one is sleeping just building and then they randomly stop.

Most of the time I’ve seen it happen because the person going to place the last block goes to eat or sleep or whatever. But maybe it’s something else, we’ll see I guess

Ah shucks,

I can’t upload images yet since I’m considered a new user. Well that is unfortunate.

Hmm let me see if I can find a workaround to get something up here.

Try PM me? Just upload it to an external site like imgur

I was actually just uploading it to imgur when you posted that. Great minds I suppose.

Here is the link

http://imgur.com/JE9eljU

ignore brackets just so the forum doesn’t block it.

As you can see there are 3 buildings that are 2/3 done and all villagers are idle. They wont go back to building but they will do other tasks like farming, getting mats, etc.

Strange,

Hmm… I’ll do some testing when I get home - but thanks for reporting anyway :slight_smile:
If you discover anything else, let me know :slight_smile:

Will do, cheers for the response.

I’ll make another couple fresh starts and see if I run into it continually.

If you manage to get a game where it doesn’t bug, screenshot it, just in case there’s something different :smile:

hey there @BearByrnes … welcome aboard! :smile:

your image has been embedded… once you’re hear for a bit, you’ll be able to upload as well…

have fun! :+1:

I’ll do more testing for this tonight when I get home Steve, and I’ll put it in a proper bug report if I can find the relations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been having this issue as well, since alpha 4 at least. Is this that same AI bug where the villagers aren’t building because the pathfinding isn’t properly directing them to supplies and buildings?

I’ve noticed they are slow at building, but I don’t think it’s been very common where they stop working entirely, unless a scaffolding is blocked, so they can’t get to it… So I’m not sure what the problem is here

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be as much of a problem with crafters, only when building needs to be done.

Ya it is very strange, gonna do some more testing in the morning before work to see if I can figure it out and isolate the situation. Being a fellow games industry guy myself I’m not foreign to bug testing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also thanks for the welcome @SteveAdamo. :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha eureka!!

I couldn’t let this one lie and had some time tonight to do some controlled tests.

So it seems to have to do with the roof on the houses. I’m able to get them to build houses with partially flat roofs just fine. But when I make houses with fully peaked roofs the bug rears its ugly head and they stop building.

If anyone else wants to test this to confirm my theory that would be great.

Here’s a shot of it in action, they built the house on the left just fine, minus the door since I didn’t craft one. But they stopped working on the house on the right just before the roof.

2 Likes

I’m heading home soon, so I’ll test as soon as I get there :slight_smile:

I can sort of confirm this, I had the same thing happend to me when maxing the roof peaking. However I did not build a 2nd house with the default peak.

Me too I had this bug too and I don’t know why.