Citizens idle when they shouldn't

I have the same problem now in build 183. I was working on a house, with wood in a stockpile and suddenly everybody went idle. Well, not the farmer but all the workers and the carpenter.
Image as below, where you can see the wood in the stockpile and how they all are idle.

Itā€™s definitely not to the same level that it was before, but I still see a bit of this occasionally. Just to give an example from R375:

8:55

2 Likes

here the same bug with [develop-2497].
Just after 1 day. and a amazing amont of woodā€¦

I am seeing the same issue but when I saved and reloaded I noticed that the heartlings were trapped in the ground. Iā€™ve tried the reset command in the console but it only slides them around at the same level. If I try and dig them out, they fall down to just below the new level of the ground as well.

Not sure if the issues are truly related but they seem to be.

Is there any fix as of now ?

Hey there @jjakaaj1, are you experiencing this problem in a current game? If so, please provide some details.

Idle Hearthling, Hearthling OCD, and pathfinding bugs have been addressed a lot in the latest builds, so this issue should not occur to the extent it did in the first reportā€¦but bugs do have a bad habit of creeping back into the code :wink:

I have a town of about 25 hearthlings and once I hit 20 I started to see the problem. Houses I built and I want to be destroyed get taken down about halfway then they stop. They once in a while will do some basic tasks like picking up wood and mine. But other then that they enjoy eating sitting by the fires and sleeping. Building and taking down houses seem to be the main issue for me.

Alrightā€¦can you share your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM) with us please.

CPU- I7 3770 RAM- 16GB And iā€™m not sure where to see me gpu.

OK. You shouldnā€™t be having issues with 20 hearthlings with those specs to the best of my knowledge.

drags thread out of previous build reports

Let me page @Albert and @not_owen_wilson for you. In the mean timeā€¦do you mind uploading the save folder for the game you mentioned above?

How do I upload it? Sorry about this im kinda noob at this

Not a problem!

As save games are typically too big to upload directly, you will need to upload the folder to a cloud storage site (like Dropbox or Google Drive) and copy the share link here to the discourse.

no idea if i did this right but here the link 1446670072424 - Google Drive

and btw my gpu is a 750 gtx ti

Nopeā€¦sorry. Let me give you some screenshots.

1. Right click on folder you wish to share
  2. Left Click on Share...
  3. Click on Get shareable link
  4. Ensure that is says Anyone with the link can view
  5. Copy the link there and paste it here.

And thanks for the GPU information, that should be useful for the devs.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw7KHDcS29P3YnM3cDdMTU00ZGc&usp=sharing

Bingo! It is the weekend, so the devs will likely not look at it until next week, but thanks for your help! Weā€™ll shoot you an update when we know something more.

Okay thank you for the help !!!

1 Like

Iā€™m having a similar issue. I ordered my hearthlings to build a building to put my stockpile in, and they ran out of wood. I had already cleared most of the adjacent area out, so I had to go a ways away. After harvesting the trees, the massive piles of wood just sat there. My entire village, everyone, including my footmen, who should be patrolling (Ever since I set them in a battle group they decided they didnā€™t need to patrol anymore, for some reason) where idle. Granted, it didnā€™t last for too long, as 2 villagers decided they wanted to pick up a log, but still, 60% of my workforce is idle at all times, and thatā€™s bad.

I had at least 4 separate things they were supposed to be doing, but they were just sitting there. Which means three things could have happened.
[1] I overloaded my villagers and they were simply unable to figure out whether they wanted to place fences, collect wood, build or loot a goblin camp.
[2] The loot items were too far away and my villagers simply could not comprehend that they had to walk to get to them. This is the distance, doesnā€™t look that far to me.

[3] It may have something to do with chests. I had scrapped my stockpiles and replaced them with stone chests, maybe that broke them.

Anyways, they are still standing around the campfire. Maybe if I moved the rally flag or campfire closer to the loot? Then they might move over and realize they have legs.

EDIT- Turns out itā€™s not just workers, all my crops are fully grown and my farmers are all idle. This is badā€¦

Hey there @MightyDragonofAwe, welcome to the Discourse! Sorry to hear about the idling issue. As your farmers are idling as well as your workers, can you try a few things for me?

1. Can you check that hauling and job are not disabled via the citizen menu?
  2. Can you try pausing the game for a few moments, wait for the performance bar to become mostly green (idle). and they try unpausing.
  3. Can you try and recreate this in Alpha 14?