Aviex's Creations

I spent 3hrs last night fixing a problem with the game not spawning resources(ores, trees, etc) and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out the problem. I made 1 change thinking it could be it and it was it, but i’m still left clueless as to what was wrong.

This made me notice something strange/funny. Programming side of the game is relatively quick to put in stuff but fixing things can take forever. Art side of the game is a relatively longer process creating things for the first time but modifying them later is usually pretty quick. Not sure if it’s because I’m a programmer by trade and not an artist or what but its a neat observation.

1 Like

My friend helping me out on the game thinks I should make the moon more realistic? I don’t really care so here’s the first attempt at a realistic looking moon

third attempt at a realistic looking moon

3 Likes

I’m trying to deal with how the players will navigate amongst rough terrain and i once again would like your guys’ opinion.

• They must walk up slopes/jump their way up mountains/hills
  • They can build ladders that will allow them to climb up vertical surfaces
  • They can climb up walls(it could consume their energy gauge or something)
  • Other(comment idea below)

0 voters

Generally, if you create randomly generated worlds, you will have to allow the player tow walk/jump up very steep terrain, otjerwise it is too easy to break the game. (By the player perhaps getting stuck, for example)

I’m not saying making terrain that in unacessable entirely. I mean if there’s a mountain or whatever what’s the method of ‘climbing’ that should be in the game. Whether it be straight up having to find a way up(either by jumping or walking around) or placing ladders to get up or the ability to literally climb up the walls.

I’m currently working on the last combat system in the game, Magic.
Adding in the first set of mage clothes and first staff into the game.

5 Likes

The mage looks fine in-game. All animations look fine with it, though a lot of these won’t even be used by the mage(like all melee combat/ranged combat animations).

6 Likes

After seeing the bow shooting animation performed by the wizard it got me thinking…
Now I’m playing with the idea of magic bows.

5 Likes

I’m trying to complete all the planned weapon types for the game here’s what I have so far

Weapons listed below followed by their (attack speed) are the typical attack speed for the weapons. Some special weapons might be outside this speed.

Melee

• 1h Swords(Average)
  • 2h Swords(very Slow)
  • Scimitars(Fast
  • Spears(Slow
  • Daggers(Very fast)
  • Battle Axe(Slow, but dual handed capable)

Melee exceptions(Not meant for combat but can be used)

• Pickaxe(slow)
  • Fishing Rod(normal)
  • Axe(slow)

Ranged(Consumes projectiles to use)

• Bows(Average)
  • Knives(Fast)
  • Javelins(Slow)

Magic(Consumes mana to use)

• Staves(Varies)
  • Magic Bows(Varies)
2 Likes

Example Javelins

4 Likes

First-go at the thrown weapons. Looks relatively decent. I might soon fix the whole sliding while ranged attacking+moving.

EDIT: never mind there was a bug where walking animation wasn’t playing after it played once.
Still need some sort of side step while attacking though.

3 Likes

To be honest, javelins look a lot better than I expected them to look in-game.

For some reason the first throw after switching weapons it doesn’t throw anything :frowning:

3 Likes

Did a little bit of cleanup on the animation system(problem with continuous fire)
I think it looks much much better now. (now using the actual attack speeds of the weapons)

3 Likes

Trying to get weapon trails following thrown projectiles now :confused:

EDIT : Here’s a trail from a side angle, since it’s kinda hard to notice straight forward

1 Like

Kind of a long gif but the thrown weapons seem to work fine with the current ranged combat system.
Obviously they start to fall off at long range when targetting so it’s probably better left up to the player to aim at long distances.

I did a few changes, lightened up the base hairstyle color so you can get even light shades of colors(some were definitely too dark).
Also removed the headphones from male hairstyle 1. Even though I did like it, it just wouldn’t fit the theme of the game.

1 Like

This week I’m going to try to get the first steps of hunger in the game, along with fishing which will be one of the primary sources of food.

Here’s some cool fishing rods

2 Likes

#Just keep swimming just keep swimming swimming… swimming… swimming…

Old animation

http://i.imgur.com/KVqJsk7.gif

EDIT: I’m an idiot and i forgot how fish work.

3 Likes

Bigger fishy
All fishies are going to use the same animation so i just put it in-game.
Maybe some will use different ones if they must.

3 Likes

#Fishing Aniamtions

Cast Rod + Waiting