Arquebusiers (Class)

this is true my friend… i dont recall where that was said/printed, but i thought it was an interesting approach to the design for SH… and obviously speaks volumes for just what will be moddable… :wink:

Well that’s wonderful. A vague post by someone who can’t even spell.

I’ll request my thread to be locked, because it’s clearly inferior to his.

Don’t be an a**.

@SteveAdamo I think that means lock his thread. XD

while tempting, given the high levels of passive aggressiveness, that would be a little overbearing… no, the OP was very well worded (as i mentioned shortly after it was made), and it would be a shame to have to close the thread at this point… :wink:

Hehe, just poking fun.

Back on topic, I would much rather see this as an optional in-game tool, or better yet, a mod, since the mods are easier to access community-wise than the devs are, I would think.

1 Like

Gun would be a cool addition to Stonehearth Setting, but the problem is the balancing issue.

for every item we add into Stonehearth, it required more time & resources to balance it & it surely delay the game delivery.

That’s why optional mods are good, you can get away with having be unbalanced for a while. Another thing to remember is that unless they’re super paranoid which I doubt then we’ll have direct access to the built-in mods to base ours off. As for the actual suggestion I think that gunpowder might possibly be a bit hard to get requiring 3 distinct biomes for something that is important to so much stuff, maybe make it so that it requires a high tier class like an engineer to make and requires a lot of upgrades/research before you can make ones that can be fired more than a couple of times a battle. With the difficulty of opposition ramping with power like has been said it might work and putting them from super rare to late game would help there with balancing as you wouldn’t get them unless you’re focused on it or you’re facing enemies that aren’t instakills all the time with them.

Yeah, we do have some influence on the way the game turns out. If we really, really don’t want it, it will be reflected in the polls about the matter later. Of course, the devs clearly have some basic principals for the core game, but anything that more or less fits in with those principals and more importantly, seems cool or desirable to us, well that might make it in. Or not. That’s why they are going to be doing polls. And all of us who helped fund the game, we get a say on that.

So bring on the lively discussion.

I was linking to the topic in its entirety as it houses a discussion on guns and the like to prevent your topic from turning into such a discussion.

I don’t think it’s fair to assess the merit of an individual post or topic based upon the spelling or the use of the English language. It is the ideas we should be assessing.

Your original post detailing a specific class is very well constructed and thought out, so if we could get back on track to talking about that, that would be great.

2 Likes

I like it, it’s creative and innovative. Gives some variation to the weapons that can’t explode if used incorrectly.

TERA, and probably others.

So Ulysses I guess I’ll be the first to post a musket here so

It looks nice, though I think it’s a little big to actually use in-game.

WOW… I cant believe you have the nerve to mess with the almighty admins XD… anyway, I like the idea of having early firearms in this game.

really? want to pour some lemon juice on the ol cut, do ya? :wink:

1 Like

lol sorry… just now saw that

1 Like

Is being rude really that impressive? If so, maybe I should be more rude.
I shall start by slurping my soup and not apologizing for it! :smiley:

Anyway, if you like the idea of early firearms, mayhaps you could suggest ways to improve my suggestion? New variants, perhaps, or different mechanics?

quite impressive indeed good sir! :stuck_out_tongue:
I am thinking of making a mod, will be making a new thread as soon as I get the hang of qubicle and make a few models… will probably include some guns of sorts, but of a steampunky theme, and not OP

This is a cool idea! Originally, I was gonna say,“Oh great, this suggestion is gonna be super OP etc. etc”, but it’s pretty balanced. You did a cool job!

(Did you rip this from AOE?)

I support this class. Really, really like the idea.
Very well described :smile:

1 Like