Welcome to the Bitcave! Nerdiness, Jokes, Mods, Ideas, and coding!

Well, become American, then. It’s simple, all you have to say is “Capitalism, f*** yeah! Hamburgers, f*** yeah! Freedom, f*** yeah!” and you are officially American.

Necrobump incoming!

I decided to revive this Topic so whoever wants to tweak the game’s coding could start here.

whelp, since this thread was resurrected, and since i stumbled across (what appears to be) an interesting new KickStarter campaign aimed at helping folks learn to code… this seems like as good a place as any to drop it… :smile:

CodeSpells: Express Yourself With Magic

Become the most powerful wizard the world has ever seen by crafting magical spells in code.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thoughtstem/codespells-express-yourself-with-magic?ref=category

2 Likes

Awww, makes me feel all fluffy inside.

@SteveAdamo

Don’t forget: CodeCombat has had another crazy update, currently allowing six separate programming languages, including Lua and JS.

1 Like

Is there any way to just see the current code? I feel like this is a dumb question, but stumbling may way back into coding and wanted to just poke around the code for Stonehearth. Thanks.

If you want to look into the stonehearth.smod and radiant.smod files without unpacking it take a look here Lua - unminifier/formatter. You can open the files in it and take a look around the code. :smile:

Hey @bitassassin I’m completely new at coding so do you think you can give me tips on where to start?

Jeez, I almost forgot the password for this account!

I’ve become quite a fan of:
this site

Apologies for the profanity. Give it a look, if that’s not your style of learning, come on back.

Mod edit: obfuscated the link a bit

1 Like

Thank you Bit I really appreciated

For some reason google update the terms and I cant use it

Can you mod stonehearth with only Lua

Well, sure you can, I’ve done it after all. But that’s also highly dependent on what you’re trying to accomplish. I mean, if you’re trying to modify/add UI elements, then you’re pretty much stuck with JavaScript, HTML, and Less.

But, you can’t get away with having absolutely no Json files in your mod, because of the manifest. Without one, your mod won’t even be registered as one.

2 Likes

Sorry Drotten, but that went in one ear and out the other but I found a good youtube channel with great tutorials or at least to me they are