In the three games I have started (Release 92)…
– When you start the game, how do you select where to put your settlement down?
Bottom level near a wall and six or more berry plants.
– What UI commands do you use to harvest trees/berries?
Menu bar and draw box around berry bushes.
– What’s your workflow for creating farms?
I make a Carpenter right away to get the hoe. Then I tell my people to harvest berries, then cut a few trees. I then promote a worker to farmer, and make farms. I then make six mean beds.
– Which crops, and how many of each, do you plant?
I plant four farms of 10 plants each, 2 beets and 2 corn. I accidentally got a mixed farm this game.
– Has anyone yet managed to get two-headed corn?
Additional feedback: The carpenter needs to be fixed to the level of the farmer. He does nothing once you have made six beds. Also I no longer make a trapper because of the lost worker. Four workers is really small amount to construct any number of buildings.
Edit: The random planting and harvesting seems really odd. Working a row, is ancient practice in farming. It looks really weird to see the farmer randomly pick the next place to work.