Upping the Carrying capacity of the hearthlings

I would like to make the hearthlings carrying capacity bigger. I was wondering if some one could tell me how to do that. I think it can be done in one of the json files? Or luac? I am just not sure where the file is where I can up the ammount they can carry. Any one care to point me to the right place? Thanks.

Btw I am new to the game. And these forums and would like to also say hello. :slight_smile:

Totally of topic. but welcome to the discourse and the game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: I am glad to be here. hehe. Hope some one can help me with this question. hehe.

1 Like

Hello!

What you’re looking for is located (within stonehearth.smod) in mixins/base_human/base_human.json. There you will find all the components and such for all hearthlings, and among the components is “stonehearth:storage”. Just do a simple mixinto that changes its values, and you’re all set!

I’m not sure how much you’re familiar with Json or modding Stonehearth, but here’s some info about how modding works which you’ll find useful, and here’s some info about Json.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much Drotten! I found it! Your awesome.
Just a question can I change this then toss it back into the stonehearth.smod file and would it work? Or do I need to do something special before it will work?

Meaning do I need to make the manifest mod file and make my own smod file?

Implementing it directly into stonehearth.smod is not recommended; mostly as your changes will be gone as soon as the next game update hits. You’re so much better off making your own smod instead.

The link I posted above has all the basic information needed for what you want to achieve, but if there’s anything that’s not clear: don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the info bro. I went ahead and just added it back to the main Smod directory. To test it. (I backed up the old Smod directory.) I noticed that the people has there standard 4 inventory in my saved game. But when I made a new game they did hold the ammount I wanted them to use. 20 for testing. Will probably crank it up to 60 or 90 later on hehe. Anyway I was wondering if there was a way to make the hearthlings use the 20 in my saved game too? Is there something I can do to reset the ammount they carry from 4 to 20? Like a refresh kind of like pressing F5 to refresh the UI?

I’m pretty sure any changes will never affect saved games prior to the change, as assets work by grabbing the json info only when created/ when necessary. This is why you need to start a new game.

Good to hear you’ve got it running!

Unfortunately it’s not possible to reset the components of a hearthling after they have spawned into the world (as @capotzalco says). So you’d have to create a new world for it to take full effect.

Though I wonder if, in your saved game, any new hearthlings you get will have the changes you’ve made. I’m unsure of this myself; will probably test it out later. You could test it yourself and see if the new hearthlings have an increased backpack size, but your existing ones will stay the same.

3 Likes

That would be awesome to test. I will give it a try and see if it does take effect for new hearthlings that enter the world newly. That would make it interesting to say the least. Best way to test would be to crank up the ammount some more and test it on my new map.

1 Like