UI Error from crafting window & Engine error: attempt to index local entity

Summary:
New game, and couple days in. I wanted to move something in my crafting Que, and then got a couple UI errors. Easily F5 fix work around, but unsure why it happened in the first place.
UI Error 01.txt (2.1 KB)

Few more days after a couple more reloads of the save, I get this other one:

2nd Error was an Engine Error when my tailor finished the “new” leather helm, and was placing in storage I think.

Engine Error 02.txt (1.0 KB)

Notes:
The first one, UI error, I have gotten before a couple times since A14 2795. Similar, but kept forgetting to capture the info. This time I got it, and still don’t know why it happens.

My only guess is having quite a bit going on, as I wasn’t paused. And it is caused by simply trying to move an item que further up the crafting list. All times was with the potter crafting window UI. Doesn’t move item and error pops up. Actually the second I tried to move is when it happens.

This doesn’t happen often, but one thing that is in common from all times is that I didn’t pause before attempting to move and item up the que list to craft.
Possibly this error?

As to the second one, the engine error, The item itself seemed fine since my footman was able to equip it, so I really don’t know what that one is all about. It was my best guess, and that was the thing that I noticed.

Attachments:
Log file of session.
stonehearth.log (470.9 KB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
A14 2820

System Information:
NE56r48u (Model Number)

The bug started when i finished the “Leather Skull Cap”

develop-2820 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:73: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:73: in function 'unwrap_iconic_item'
	.../actions/upgrade_equipment/equip_carrying_action.lua:24: in function <.../actions/upgrade_equipment/equip_carrying_action.lua:22>
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:532: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:517>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:232: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:517: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
	radiant/modules/common.lua:232: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

So I wasn’t dreaming when I wrote my spilt post of this bug error.

I was thinking it was the leather helm that caused it, but only caught the screen shot of the person putting it in storage. But was not completely sure.

Yes this is the same error :wink:
I 've looked on the forum before to post this bug but i didn’t found it…Of course i’m searching a function’s name or lua’s file and not a screenshoot :wink:

(edited oh sorry my english is crappy as hell lol)

1 Like

I had it in the title. I posted it in the form of a text file. Plus the error is visible in the screenshot.

Of course I happen to be talking about 2 different bugs I found in that post, but one was this; reason why there are 2 in the title, and probably why it didn’t do well with search function. I used text files because it was easier to copy to clipboard and open up notepad++ to paste each entry. Tabbing back n forth to get all the pages of error in one file.

Don’t think I will post 2 bugs in one post again, as that could get confusing. Didn’t mean to do that but since was off the same log file… and was late at night before bed when I posted that. ><

Well good to know that someone else got the error. :smiley:
Makes it more narrowed down to what it is.

When opening the citizens tab, the tab refused to let any hearthlings be selected and would not close. F5 had to be used to reset the interface.

release-504 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:73: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:73: in function 'unwrap_iconic_item'
	.../actions/upgrade_equipment/equip_carrying_action.lua:24: in function <.../actions/upgrade_equipment/equip_carrying_action.lua:22>
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:533: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:518>
	radiant/modules/common.lua:234: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:518: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>

hey there @Karede, welcome to the discourse :smile:

i just merged your topic over here as they are the same UI error

excellent, thank you. I’m new to this so I appreciate the help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no problemo mate, i’m here to help :smile:

1 Like

Another engine error. Still with the leather hat, but this time seems it was while upgrading.

Was my second footman that upgraded, after already getting a leather armor half day before. Don’t know why this error happened since my footman did equip it, but caused error right before doing so.

Using the A14 504 update.

Engine Error 03.txt (1.0 KB)

stonehearth.log (585.5 KB)

There is the log file just in case. I did reload a couple times. And it happened before the last reload. I did continue to play for a bit after that, since nothing major popped up.

I am almost certain I also ran into this issue.

I believe it happens when a craftsman crafts something that can immediately be used by someone else – in the previous cases, some armour, but in my case, a stone hammer. This error occurred as soon as the item was built (I think – or it might’ve been when the craftsman carried it to the stockpile), because a soldier Hearthling immediately went to get it. Or so it seems: the timing was very coincidental.

release-504 (x64)
stack traceback:
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:533: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:518>
1 Like

makes me think there needs to be a delay for equiping, or only equip when in storage or container. Yeah probably right about insta craft equip selection. I’ve only had it happen to the leather helm oddly enough, and nothing else.

Puzzling…

However my craftsman didn’t carry to my stockpile. Dropped where it be, next to the table. I only know because that is where my soldier equiped it afterwards. Stockpile was full at the time.

hmmm… there must be multiple causes of this error, i just got it when trying to move a brightbell i had marked for harvesting.

1 Like

Summary:
it poped out of nowhere

release-523 (x64)
stack traceback:

Steps to reproduce:
dont know exactly how it happened

Expected Results:

Actual Results:
Notes:

Version Number and Mods in use:
no mod. alpha 14 release 523 stable branch
System Information:
amd a10
8go RAM
radeon dual graphics 2Go gram
windows 10

heyo @darkhearth, just merged your post over here as they’re the same error.

@8BitCrab nice thanks !

1 Like

engine error dont know what caused also im settled on island and causing game to crash DOZEN times because enemy goblin cannot reach us LOL. but on desert map crash ALOT than temperate.maps. and please add bridge features. thanks

UPDATE: nvm I figured out how to make bridge … it solve some issue and after I built bridge and 4 goblin camp spawned immediately by my new bridge … funny.

engine error

release-524 (x64)
stack traceback:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Error from moving things?

another engine error fro me ( 3rd time ) appeared by crafting upgrade from work bench something. im not sure.

if you thinks this belong to other topic feel free to move em Im just doing my job to report errors and post it by google it " report stonehearth engine error " and here I am and and dropped it here if it separate (sorted all type of engine errors) then feel free to move this.

release-524 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:73: attempt to index local ‘entity’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:73: in function ‘unwrap_iconic_item’
…/actions/upgrade_equipment/equip_carrying_action.lua:24: in function <…/actions/upgrade_equipment/equip_carrying_action.lua:22>
[C]: in function 'run’
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:234: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:518: in function '_thread_main’
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:234: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’