Taking Questions about Mixintos and Overrides

Glad it’s working!

Hmm, I’m surprised that worked. Surprised but glad! There’s a lot in the qb-file-loading code I’m not familiar with.

I was too. But it doesn’t work actually… I have a habit of checking the feet when seeing if the body is loaded but forget that the outfits have feet as well. . . Noticed the second time that they didn’t have any hands. . . So I just used the stonehearth path.

sounds like a perfect example of a “happy accident”… certainly worked out in your favor @Avairian! :smile:

edit: ninja’d to the contrary… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@sdee There is a strange thing happening. When I tried to add something similar to the vanilla picket_fence, I copied that picket_fence_proxy.json. I did it exactly the same as far as I know. But the game cant acces the file ‘construction’. I had to directly link to the json file.

picket_fence_proxy.json;

{
   "mixins": "stonehearth:mixins:item_properties",
   "type": "entity",
   "components": {
      "model_variants": [
         {
            "models": [
               "file(picket_fence_proxy.qb)"
            ]
         }
      ],
      "stonehearth:placeable_item_proxy" : {
         "full_sized_entity" : "stonehearth:picket_fence"
      },
      "item" : {
         "category" : "construction"
      }
   }
}

With stonehearth : picket_fence is;

"picket_fence" : "file(entities/construction/picket_fence)",

Now I did modify my file to this:

{
         {
               "file(pillar_proxy.qb)"
            ]
         }
      ],
         "full_sized_entity" : "mod_egypt:pillar"
      },
      }
   }
}

With in my mod manifest; link to the file where the json is located.

"pillar" : "file(models/construction)",

When playing the game, after sawing animation of the carpenter, when the game tries to create the proxy I get this error;

I had to directly link to the pillar.json file to get it working, contrary to what the vanille game does;

{
         {
               "file(pillar_proxy.qb)"
            ]
         }
      ],
         "full_sized_entity" : "file(pillar.json)"
      },
      }
   }
}

Are you sure that the path to mod_egypt:pillar is valid? It seems to be resolved (as in, it finds the alias), but it looks like it can’t find mod_egypt/models/construction/construction.json. That’s something Jefferson should find and complain about.

Actually, you gave me a good idea for Jefferson.

Do you not have a pillar proxy alias?

manifest:
“pillar” : “file(models/construction)”,
“pillar_proxy” : “file(models/construction/pillar_proxy.json)”,

yes I have that one too in the manifest.

Hey Miturion,

I think your problem is this:

file(models/construction) is not going to be enough to get you to the pillar. If the pillar.json is inside a folder called pillar, which in inside construction, you can do this:

file(models/construction/pillar)

However, if pillar.json is just inside the construction folder, you’ll need

file(models/construction/pillar.json)

We really need to document this somewhere but file(…) will automatically append x.json if x.json is in a folder named x and the filepath ends on a thing without an extension. So in the case of the picket fence, picket_fence.json is in a folder called picket_fence. So you can refer to picket_fence.json with just file(…path…/picket_fence)

In your case, file(models/construction) will look for a file named file(models/construction/construction.json) not pillar.json.

Hope that helps!

awesome! but I feel goofy now… that was mentioned in mixintos blog post, wasn’t it?

{
   "info" : {
      "name" : "Stonehearth"
   },
   "aliases" : {
      "medium_oak_tree" : "file(entities/trees/oak_tree/medium_oak_tree)",
      "mixins:tree" : "file(mixins/tree)"
   }
}

(Modders, the syntax here is shorthand for “entities/trees/oak_tree/medium_oak_tree/medium_oak_tree.json”)

I’ve updated the OP with some frequently asked questions, including a note about how to make trees drop wool.

On the whole, we’re really impressed with how far you all have gotten with these tools! :slight_smile: Keep the mods coming!

Will do. :smile: @chimeforest and I have a few ideas up or sleeves. :wink:

thanks for that… :smiley:

@RepeatPan had mentioned the small world option (which I will absolutely need), but your update reminded me… should keep the ol’ rig from asploding… :+1:

That we most certainly do! :wink:

for what it’s worth, I may or may not be able to provide certain forum “perks”, should said plans arrive via PM…

and by perks, I mean @Geoffers747 will literally visit your home, and wash your dishes for a full 24 hours…

think about it…

Clothes optional. Mine that is. Not yours.

That’s some pretty big plates you got there if a whole washing takes 24 hours Steve… Or is @Geoffers747 merely wasting water?

you misunderstand… he will sit idle, waiting for each and every dirty dish

dawn to dusk with the man… honestly, I’m at the losing end of this wager…

There’s definitely an innuendo to be had here … I’ll rise above it … and suddenly everything seems to be an innuendo.

Thanks. Now I understand.

I was thinking that the shortcut-name “pillar” was making the game search for pillar.json rather than the last file name. :blush: [quote=“SteveAdamo, post:89, topic:5229”]
awesome! but I feel goofy now… that was mentioned in mixintos blog post, wasn’t it?
[/quote]

Yea, I read that. That is why I used the direct json location. But I did understand it different, as said above. And in my defense, I can still see why I read it wrong in the blog-post. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, you do! The game loads up fast. So fast, that the time you need for clicking the minimized window (is that fixable? @RepeatPan) is being the bottleneck, and it decides the loadtime for me. And it has placed the banner and stockpile already for you. And no buttons-help intro.
I cannot mod without it anymore. :smile: