Edit: Still an issue in version 192
When placing a rotated template house, some windows are often placed off by one voxel from the template. The house is also built with the window off by one voxel.
Some building templates are not being followed when it comes to the windows. Has only been noticed with some templates when facing east or west.
Steps to reproduce:
- Select the ‘Shared Sleeping Quarters’ in the building templates window
- Rotate the house once but don’t place it yet
- Rotate the camera to look at the front of the house and notice the left window that is in the center of the wall (2 voxels on each side)
- place the building and right click to clear the template from selection
- notice that the left window has now been moved by one voxel!
Placed building should always have the correct location of its windows regardless of rotation.
Placed buildings don’t always have the correct location of its windows when rotated.
Work around tried:
Rotating and placing many templates, but when this building is placed east or west (?), the windows are always off by one voxel.
This might be due to it being a 2x2 voxel model, while most others are an odd number of voxels in ‘width’.
Check if the off by one voxel issue is due to the window being falsely ‘rotated’ around the wrong voxel.
Check if the rotation is ‘flipped’ and is actually rotating it in the opposite direction it should be.
Simple test building to show a new building in r192 rotated in all 4 directions.
Two placed templates, the one on the left has the window placed correctly, while the one on the right is off by one voxel.
A house placed by the template after it has been build with the window built off by one voxel to the right.