R 447 - Water problem

Removing a big chunk of ground with the 4x4 mining tool with instant mining on cause the lua task to get at 100% and the water won’t stabilize.

I do know instant mine is not a regular way to go in the game but the behavior here may be significative of some problem with the water code.

This won’t happen 100% of the time, perhaps 1/4 attempt.

Step to reproduce:

• Remove an 8x8x5 (4+1 high with the 4x4 tool) piece of ground next to an existing shore.
2 Likes

I’ve had this bug too.

1 Like

This error pops when trying to unite 2 lakes carving an underwater link with a 4x4 instant mining tool:

release-447 (x64)...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:99: not implementedstack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:99: in function '_link_channels_for_block'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:72: in function '_link_blocks'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:68: in function '_on_terrain_changed'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:24: in function <...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:24>

Another one (yep I can be stubborn!) :sweat_smile: :

release-447 (x64)...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:207: assertion failed!stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.luac:32: in function <radiant/modules/common.luac:32>
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:207: in function 'merge_water_bodies'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:240: in function '_process_water_queue'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:237: in function '_on_tick'
	...rth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.luac:13: in function '_fn'
	radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function 'set_now'
	...earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:120: in function 'fn'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:79: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>
1 Like

Adding @Albert! Uniting 2 lakes.

1 Like

i just merged it with this one, as they both have to do with insta-mining underwater.

2 Likes

I can confirm the water collision error still exists. I merged two large lakes by first making a huge channel then after that was completed I dug the connecters letting the water flow. I watched the error counter but over 200 in less than a minute before I just find it to go away. I’ll try to repeat similar bug tonight then post my results