Questions regarding adding own decoration

Probably asked to death already but I couldn’t find the answers, so, sorry in advance. I got the Startermod and had a go with a test block created with MagicaVoxel. Just replaced the piggybank’s .qb quick n dirty with the new model. Three issues occurred:

1. Model is slightly too small. Probably because I didn’t know how to get a 9x9 setup in MagicaVoxel and only managed to cut down from 12x12, cut away the unneeded voxels and hit “fit” in order to align the bounding box thingy. How do I know the exact size of one block?

2. I added the line “placeable on walls: true” (paraphrased) to the .json. Copied it from the Gargoyle .json. When I put the new block on a wall the rotation wouldn’t stay. Code looks like this:

Summary

{
“type”: “entity”,
“mixins” : “file(piggy_bank_ghost.json)”,
“components” : {
“stonehearth:entity_forms” : {
“iconic_form” : “file(piggy_bank_iconic.json)”,
“ghost_form” : “file(piggy_bank_ghost.json)”,
“placeable_on_ground” : true,
“placeable_on_walls”: true

},
  "region_collision_shape" : {
     "region": [
        {
           "min" : { "x" : 0, "y" : 0, "z" : 0 },
           "max" : { "x" : 1, "y" : 0.4, "z" : 1 }
        }
     ]
  }   

},
“entity_data” : {
“stonehearth:net_worth” : {
“value_in_gold” : 10,
“rarity” : “common”,
“shop_info” : {
“buyable” : false,
“sellable” : true,
“shopkeeper_level” : 1,
“shopkeeper_type” : “caravan”
}
}
}
}

1. The new block doesn’t line up with the grid.

Some tips would be very much appreciated.

1. Models are usually 10x10 blocks to fit in a 1 terrain voxel. But the scale can be changed in the json file to anything else.

"render_info": {
         "scale": 0.1
     },

2. Have you tried exporting your model with other rotations? Grab that gargoyle model and open in your model editor, check the direction it is pointing to, and make your model pointing into the same direction

3. This can be done in json too.

"mob": {
         "model_origin": {
             "x": -0.5,
             "y": 0,
             "z": 0.5
         }
     },
3 Likes