Qubicle Competition Discussion Thread. Cycle 4, Week 1 - Halloween - ‘Monsters'

Just so I am clear, do the models we submit have to fit in with the models in Stonehearth? Or can we just go crazy and create whatever we want?

i believe you can submit any kind of monster you like… have fun!

1 Like

The Boogie Man from Nightmare Before Christmas.

1 Like

nice job @Yeti! are you going to enter into the competition? :smiley:

Thank you @SteveAdamo . If you are talking about this competition, yes (I’m not sure if there is another competition you are talking about…).

excellent! you will need to post your creation over here then… as this thread is for discussions about the submissions… :+1:

are we allowed to make some sort of lore for them? just a small paragraph or something. It would just help everyone to understand what mine is, and add some backstory.

1 Like

You are indeed :smile: try to keep it quite short though, remember it’s your model that’s judged not your writing. But as you said, it might be helpful to have some backstory!

welcome aboard @nagatopain17! :smile:

if it requires a backstory, cant wait to see what you have in store… :wink:

i’m unable to upload the picture as a new account, so will it be okay if i link it and the project download instead?

feel free to upload it to a free image hosting site (imgur, tinypic, etc.)… we can grab it from there, and embed it in your post directly…

ok, thanks! posting any moment now then. :slight_smile: Aha! Found the way to embed it, haven’t done that in ages so I forgot how to. If my lore is a little too long, feel totally free to just snip it off or ask me to.

@nagatopain17 Did you screenshot your model or render it? The image looks slightly different to me, but perhaps I’m just losing my eyesight.

If you rendered then ignore me, if you screenshotted, then in Qubicle you can actually render the screenshot by going to the top and clicking the render option, then render as. :smile:

Ahhh ok sorry, i did print screen. Can’t believe I’ve used Qubicle for months and never noticed the renderer. Edited the new link in.

1 Like

Thank you Steve, I didn’t notice this one said “Discussion Thread”… I read “Cycle 4, Week 1” and got excited and just posted. I will pay more attention next time, thanks!

1 Like

That’s part of the reason we run the competition, if it helps people and improves their models then that’s a win in my books!

Happens to the best of us, don’t worry :smile:

Are turn tables against the rules?

No, but if you post a turntable could you post static images as well, makes it easier to view the model :smile:

you are quite welcome… glad you entered, and good luck! :+1: