Patrol points for guards?

I would like to see the behavior of patrolling farms and stockpiles removed and replaced with manual patrol points. This to me does not seem too hard to do. Currently I create additional patrol points by adding 1x1 square empty stockpiles in various places. So just adding a new zone tool called patrol points that is 1x1 would be a great improvement.

BTW I love this game been playing for a very long time off and on. Thanks.

6 Likes

Hi there @Jim_Gibson! Welcome to discourse :wave::smiley:.

Personally I would also like a tool that lets you manually set a zone to patrol, also:

Wow, that’s a pretty neat trick! Didn’t thought of that!

There’s a mod that changes the patrol behavior of guards, but I don’t know if it works with the current alpha. The mod adds its own banner to act as patrol points, and without it the guards won’t patrol. Here’s the link to the mod thread:

I think the patrol mod only works with new saves, not sure :confused:.

Also, there’s a brazier decoration variant in @pingu’s mod that acts as a patrol point. It can act as a substitute to your 1x1 empty stockpiles. Here’s the link:

I suggest you check them out, they’re really amazing! I do apologize if you already checked these out :slightly_smiling_face: .

5 Likes

Thanks, for the info! Yes, I do recall that first mod you mention, had forgotten about it. Have to revisit that. I find it annoying to have guards uselessly milling about in deep supply caves or trampling my pumpkins. Haha.

3 Likes

I feel you, my farms really get crowded with all my guards bothering my farmers hehe~

2 Likes

I imagine that the patrolbehaviour will be a part of the workload, when the devs reach the combat reworking in a future alpha, but yes this issue has been annoying for soooo long :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, no doubt it is on their whiteboard somewhere. Seems many new cool features have been and are coming lately. Happy and grateful to see this.

2 Likes