Now that it's over

I wanna know what exactly all is being added

example - is the exploration idea you guys mentioned during a desktop tuesday being cut, what about the edge of world ideas for decorating it like the book edge or maps thing, different biomes on the same map and also how much will these last updates improve general performance, me and my friend are hoping we’ll be able to run the game on 30-40 fps now with towns of more than 7- 8 people

thanks for the game guys you did great

also am finally making and leaving a review on steam

1 Like

I read some funny story about flat-earth once, a wall of ice around it.

It would be funny if they just added something like that on the edge as in inside joke for us here. Perhaps as part of landmarks @max99x do you reckon this is something that could still be done ? Graphically it wouldn’t have to be epic, but systems wise functional. If you reach 4 points of the outer edge ( hidden ) you could end the exploration quest. If somehow the systems for that outer edge could be made, we could also mod it within the community into something fulfilling.

Personally I feel like landmarks might be the solution in some way to the outer edge, but I see that the idea above might pose problems early on.

i was really hoping that the devs would see and respond :confused:

is the exploration idea you guys mentioned during a desktop tuesday being cut, what about the edge of world ideas for decorating it like the book edge or maps thing, different biomes on the same map

Both of those were prototypes that made sense for a much longer timeline, but not for this one, so they were never in the main game, and won’t be, but we might be able to release the (outdated) code for the multi-biome one in case anyone is interested in picking it back up.

also how much will these last updates improve general performance

For 1.0, significantly, compared to what’s currently on stable, and somewhat, compared to the current unstable. For 1.1, unclear, but there’s much that could be done.

me and my friend are hoping we’ll be able to run the game on 30-40 fps now with towns of more than 7- 8 people

You should be able to do that even now. If you are lagging at 7-8 hearthlings, something is terribly wrong. Upload a save.

4 Likes

Per the Ask Me Anything video on YouTube (and Twitch), the edge of world plans have been cut due to lack of time and resources to implement it. I think the exploration quest similarly was cut for reasons, but I cannot recall specifically. I would suggest tracking down the video and watching it; it’s an hour long but full of good information.

1 Like

well that’s a bit sad i was at least hoping for that edge of world one which seemed like it could have been much more doable and like something they could have squeezed in at the end but i guess i can wait to see if it gets modded in

also idk if this will help but i can probably give you my pc specs to help see with the problem of me running it slowly

1 Like

If I don’t remember it wrong the exploration was cut at the same time as they did the desktop tuesdays about the prototype because it took away the focus from the town builder and the expanding map was bad for performance, so that’s nothing new.

I would love to see more exploration in the game, but not on an expanding map (because of performance) but by sending troops on away missions so they leave the map and show up on a small, temporary map next to the big one, that works more like a dungeon. Not something that I expect from the devs though, but something like that hopefully shows up as a mod. I’m tempted to try it myself, but I’m not very productive. :expressionless:

2 Likes