My dude loves him some walls

Basically, I tried to put down some chests, and one of my workers lodged himself in the cliff face adjacent to the chests

Steps to reproduce:

1. Place a stone chest on the corner of a natural cliff face
  2. That seems to be it.
  3. I guess you just watch and wait?

Expected Results: My worker places the chest down and goes about his merry day, content with the fact that his creator overlord has ordered a task and he has successfully completed it.

Actual Results: The worker is sucked into the rock face with no escape, much like teenage me trying desperately to interact with old Javascript. Only the abyss awaits him, as he’ll gradually grow hungry and wither away, unable to be released (again, just like me trying to work with 2004 Javascript).

Notes: I tried moving the chest to free the worker, to no effect. Quitting to menu and reloading had no effect.

Additionally: I had just ordered that worker to promote to trapper when I found the bug. I don’t think that had anything to do with this happening, as I believe the worker was already stuck.

Attachments: Gyazo - 1fd3c9ed0f4932b7a4d74113dd9362cd.png

Version Number and Mods in use: Alpha 22.5 , no mods in use or on the pc at all.

System Information: Need help for this one. No idea what to write here.

5 Likes

bahahaha :rofl:

@Wave do you still have a savefile with that worker stuck in the rock? If so, could you upload it?
Or maybe after loading he’s not stuck anymore, but we’d love to take a look at it.