Say, I want to make a display case. For reference, its behaviour is supposed to be like this:
- It is a piece of furniture crafted by a… say, carpenter
- When placed on the map is has a button to “assign” an item to it
- When you press the button it opens the menu that lists items appropriate for “displaying”
- When you select an item its model is attached to the display case.
- If you try to “harvest” a display case the attached model disappears and the case “drops” this item.
Okay, here’s the question. I’ve not tried to attach models to other models (especially not with furniture). So I’m asking for advice. How can I do that?
Note: Generally I’d like any item to be usable in this matter, but for now for the sake of simplicity I can limit it with items already having attach points, like shields or weapons.