Missing Hearthlings (Multiplayer, Bug)

Hello there,
I have launched a multiplayer game with a friend of mine. We were playing for, well, hours when we encountered a bug. When they connect to me we both receive the same error (posted below), and their hearthlings have vanished from the world albeit they are connected and can interact with the world.

We are playing on the 0.24.0 in steam and had a few minor issues before this, however relogging cleared them up and we continued to play. This time, however a relog does not appear to fix the issue. Here is the report we both recieve.
We run with no mods active or installed.

release-859 (x64)
…trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: variable ‘info’ is not declared
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘error’
radiant/lib/strict.lua:31: in function <radiant/lib/strict.lua:29>
…trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: in function ‘_start_check_net_worth_interval’
…trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:59: in function ‘continue’
…ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:148: in function ‘continue’
…arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:62: in function ‘continue’
…services/server/game_master/controllers/campaign.lua:56: in function ‘continue’
…vices/server/game_master/controllers/game_master.lua:74: in function ‘continue’
…/services/server/game_master/game_master_service.lua:78: in function ‘continue_game_master’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:1437: in function ‘continue_town’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:56: in function ‘continue_town’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:62: in function <stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:61>

Can you upload the savegame from that session please? That’ll help us find the issue.

1528607034468.rar (5.5 MB)

There you go! Important to note, the hosts hearthlings (mine) are there and I can continue to play with no issues. It is when the 2nd player connects it throws the error above and the 2nd players hearthlings do not spawn.

Another

release-859 (x64)
...trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: variable 'info' is not declared
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	...trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: in function '_start_check_net_worth_interval'
	...trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:59: in function 'continue'
	...ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:148: in function 'continue'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:62: in function 'continue'
	...services/server/game_master/controllers/campaign.lua:56: in function 'continue'
	...vices/server/game_master/controllers/game_master.lua:74: in function 'continue'
	.../services/server/game_master/game_master_service.lua:78: in function 'continue_game_master'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:1437: in function 'continue_town'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:56: in function 'continue_town'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:62: in function <stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:61>
1 Like

Another when friends joins game
2 mods
Age of Giant - Piles
Better Storage

Save
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WI7mPw2mt8aU_FD4TeLqOXryAnxljXmA/view?usp=sharing

release-859 (x64)[M]
...trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: variable 'info' is not declared
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	...trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: in function '_start_check_net_worth_interval'
	...trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:59: in function 'continue'
	...ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:148: in function 'continue'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:62: in function 'continue'
	...services/server/game_master/controllers/campaign.lua:56: in function 'continue'
	...vices/server/game_master/controllers/game_master.lua:74: in function 'continue'
	.../services/server/game_master/game_master_service.lua:78: in function 'continue_game_master'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:1437: in function 'continue_town'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:56: in function 'continue_town'

Thanks for the report. That error will be fixed in a hotfix early next week.

4 Likes

I have the same thing happen to me when I join

I have the Canyon_Biome mod

release-859 (x64)[M]
…trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: variable ‘info’ is not declared
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
…trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:65: in function ‘_start_check_net_worth_interval’
…trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:59: in function ‘continue’
…ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:148: in function ‘continue’
…arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:62: in function ‘continue’
…services/server/game_master/controllers/campaign.lua:56: in function ‘continue’
…vices/server/game_master/controllers/game_master.lua:74: in function ‘continue’
…/services/server/game_master/game_master_service.lua:78: in function ‘continue_game_master’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:1437: in function ‘continue_town’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:56: in function ‘continue_town’

also I don’t have the save file as it’s my friends server