Longest play session so far has been less than 3 hours

The concept for the game is great. But, until the bugs are fixed, I’m done. I have other ways to spend my time. The whole point of the game is to have your little guys build stuff and grow their population in order to build even bigger stuff.
That concept is currently NOT possible as no matter how each game starts, each game ends with the hearthlings giving up on building.
Please, spare me the, I’ts Alpha crap. The minute this game went on sale at Steam, the publishers in turn signed a contract with me for a working game. When the whole point of the game is impossible, why bother continuing? That’s what pre-release is for to be honest, and I can’t figure out why the developers want to continue updating the game without addressing the breaking issue that defeats the whole point of the game to begin with.
You got my 25 bucks, call me when I can play.

hey there @Montana_Mike … sorry you are having a difficult time with Stonehearth…

there are, as you mentioned, issues that surface around building mechanics (among other things)… but i wouldn’t go so far as to say the game is unplayable, as many of us have logged dozens of hours on very lengthy play sessions…

given your personal experience though, you would probably be best served to wait another 3-6 months and see where the game stands at that time… but keep in mind what the Steam EA process is and is not…

its not purchasing a finished product … its gaining access to a title before its complete, in an effort to participate in the development process with the community that surrounds the game…

What is Early Access?
Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community’s involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content. We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community.

What is the game like to play right now?
When you buy an Early Access game, you should consider what the game is like to play right now. Look at the screenshots and videos to see what the game looks like in its current state. There are a lot of ways a game can go as it develops over time, so if you aren’t excited to play the game in its current state, then hold off and wait until the next update–it shouldn’t be far off.

hope to see you back in a bit! :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

Just a little tip (I currently played around 10-15 hours). When workers refuse to do anything, save the game and restart it. Edit: I agree that the building mechanic is clunky atm.

Sorry man, I can play for 10 hours with only minor bugs. In fact I could go longer if I wanted . I suggest you write up the bugs you’ve had in this discourse to help the the developers.

I suggest you avoid early access games in the future to spare some heartache. Bugs can be hard to deal with and early access is only for the most devoted to supporting a games growth

2 Likes

There are several workarounds to bugs available, and if the devs were to be informed about the bugs you experienced and determine if this is a new or existing bug, it could be fixed sooner.

The devs are working very hard to fix bugs whilst adding features. However, they can’t fix all the bugs at once. This community will work with you on avoiding or fixing bugs when the devs are unable to. So please do be patient with the game, its still very much in its infancy.

1 Like

@8BitCrab You’re gonna run out of likes again buddy.

nah, im an admin now, i get 3x amount :wink:

5 Likes

Dang you … I run out of likes almost every day.

2 Likes

i used to run out of likes almost every 3 hours :joy:

2 Likes

Still haven’t run out of likes here, despite being only level 1.

2 Likes

Geez, that explains the inflation on Like values…

6 Likes

I just made a thread that can help extend that time for you, I play until each new update now with no problems. Check it out at Idle Hearthlings, Unfinished Builds and Ghost Items? Here's a Fix!

Make sure you update your graphic drivers first as that seems to be the problem for most folk.

4 Likes

I really wish the manufacturer of my computer gave updates for this graphics driver. I would just get a stock intel one but I’d rather not risk harming my computer by attempting to install one graphics driver and uninstall another.

1 Like