Jerky camera movement

Summary:

holding down mouse 2 and using wasd now result in jerky movement.

it was much better before! it does some weird tilting of the camera now

Steps to reproduce:

1. hold mouse 2
  2. use WASD

Expected Results:
Jerky movement that makes it a lot harder to position the camera correctly.

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
A19dev3169

System Information:

1 Like

Summary:
I always use WASD and Q E to move and rotate the map (Not sure how common that is or if there’s other ways) but I feel like the combination of movement (WASD) and rotation (Q E) Are not working as they used to
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a game
  2. Press any key to move your camera (WASD)
  3. Whilst pressing the key from step 2 now press a key to rotate camera (Q or E)

Expected Results:
Camera starts rotating the desired directly while still moving the camera.
Actual Results:
Camera wobbles all over the place
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
-3169 (x64) unmodded
System Information:

It’s a tie! You both reported at the same time, so I didn’t know in which order to merge… :sweat_smile:

With @Psyduck’s steps I can see the camera moving weirdly (for example, having the view at a certain angle, and keep clicked mouse2 and S).
It looks like a cinematic *—* (or like you were sliding on top of a bubble)

Is this the kind of movement that you’re referring to? :

I’ve never used right-click at the same time than WASD in Stonehearth :thinking:

4 Likes

yea thats it…i wish i could tell how it was before >.< but it was different anyways :stuck_out_tongue:
(i think it allowed me to rotate with the mouse while moving with wasd)
it also does it if you move sideways just jerky movement.

I don’t see any difference with the old camera movement when only using WASD and QE without the mouse, though. :confused:

I havent noticed anything else but that :stuck_out_tongue: you have to ask @Quryx if he maybe found something else?

1 Like

@Quryx do you use the mouse too?

I think the movement speed might be a little higher than previously, but aside from that, I don’t see anything different besides what @Psyduck said.

Yeah, definitely QE looks like rotating at a higher speed, which can be annoying in the case you’ve described.

for the QE thing i have to agree :stuck_out_tongue: i dont use QE but i loaded a house in to a fresh game since its getting very slow in my save :worried: and tried it out and in a fresh game it its way to fast :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think I just submitted a fix to this issue. Next time we push to unstable let me know if it’s fixed!

5 Likes

consider bug crushed :slight_smile: you can still make the camera shake by holding mouse button 3 and using WASD not sure if this matters tho.

I never done that myself before now, it was really just testing! for the sake of testing. Does a funny little jump with mouse 3 and Q,E instead of shaking.

@jomaxro not sure if you read this cuz still a bug here albeit not a very serious one.

2 Likes

yes this bug was noticed by me too and its gone as of today with the update to the latest branch thanks team radiant

Paging @jomaxro rhis can be moved to resolved issues

1 Like