Inconsistent ‘Ground’ classifications restrict farming.
Removing top ‘layer’ of ground results in inability to farm crops however when attempting to farm crops from a location proceduraly generated as ‘lower’ than ground level (You didn’t have to mine the area) users are able to grow crops.
Steps to reproduce:
1)Launch Release 549
2) Once in game, mine a single layer ground/‘grass’
3) Select ‘Farm’ from ‘Designated Zones’ toolbar set
4) Attempt to place a farm zone in the newly mined area
5) Observe this is not allowed and will not place
6) Navigate to an area lower than the intended ground level (see screen shot below)
7) Attempt to place a farm zone in the area that is lower than the intended ground level
8) Observe the user is able to place a farm zone and harvest crops
User is able to grow crops in ANY ‘dirt’ or ‘grass’ at any voxel level
User is unable to consistently place farm zones resulting in a poor/frustrating experience for the user
You can see above that the user is able to place a farm zone in the procedurally generated ‘lower the ground’ level area
Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest 549 / None