How to I put a template into my game?!

Hey guys,

I haven’t been playing Stonehearth for long, but I sure love this game!

I’m playing within the latest version, (Which I’m pretty sure is 737??? or v17??? I have no idea.)

But I was trying to download a template from https://stonehearth-templates.com/
But I’m not having any luck with other peoples explanation… Is anyone able to explain it as simple aas possible…? I’m terible with computers and folders, etc!!!

Thanks guys! :smiley:
(Also not sue if this is the ight category,so bare with me!

Hey, @Kellely!

I’ve never downloaded a template myself, but my guess would be that you are to place the templates within your building_templates-folder.
For steam versions of Stonehearth, you locate this folder at: Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

Your Steam-folder will be located on one of your drives; it depends on where you’ve chosen to install it.
Typically, a lot of people will install Steam at C:\Program

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but personally I’d restart Stonehearth after downloading a template.
I hope this will help you in some way!

1 Like

Another important thing, is that when you download them, they end up in a folder of their own. You have to take them out of that folder and paste them into the folder Hamnisu mentioned above :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @Hamnisu

When I followed what you told me to do I don’t actually have the “Building templates” folder. I looked around as well, but I don’t have it. Any other suggestions?

As well, as another update just came out, A22 and A22.5, I’m assuming this is the update my game is up too???

Thanks guys,
Kellely. :smile: :smile:

When I downloaded the template itself, I downloaded it into my “Documents” folder, and it was just a “.json” file??? nothing more.

What do you mean?

Thanks,
Kellely. :slight_smile:

I have actually got my STEAM files and everything to do with Steam installed onto my hard drive.

Not sure if this has messed anything up??

Thanks,
Kellely.

Create and save a template in the game. It will create that folder for you.

2 Likes

Bruno holds the answer - in order for the folder to exist, you will have to create and save a template yourself.

I’m sorry I forgot to mention this step.
So, what you need to do in order to create the folder:

1. Start Stonehearth
  2. Select [New Game] or [Load Game].
  3. When the game has started, Select the “Build and Design”-tab (The house)
  4. Select “Building Designer”-tab (Blueprint icon) and create a simple construction
  5. Click [Finished Editing] → [Save] → Enter a name, and click the [green button]
  6. Shut down Stonehearth

Now it should be possible to follow the steps mentioned in earlier posts :slight_smile: