How long did it take to make the Game Engine?

How long did it take to make the game engine used for Stonehearth? Sorry if this has already been answered, couldn’t find it anywhere.

It’s still being created and worked on, so that would be why you can’t find the answer - it doesn’t exist yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, so far, how long has it been?

Well, I think they have been working on the game since before November 2012, so it’s at least 10 months old.

Oh…well I think they said they’d been talking about the game for 18 months or so, working on it since last November as @ManOfRet said but I’m not sure they’ve mentioned anywhere when they began work on the engine specifically. If you’re asking because you’re wondering about making a game yourself and were curious about time-frame, I recommend you ask @FinKone, who is himself working on a little voxel project.

Yes I am considering on it and had a project in mind, so I will speak to him.

yes sir, during the campaign video @Tom mentioned 18 months of work, leading up to the campaign’s beginning, which makes the “official start” somewhere around Oct/Nov 2011, and a current total of about 22 months of development…

Wow that’s a long time

@Vulture Depending on what you have in your mind, you might want to take a look into this thread about the Unity Game Engine.

@voxel_pirate I know about the Unity Game Engine and used it a bit.