Help With Traits

Can anybody give a sort of step by step on how to mod in traits? I’m doing my first mod and I’m having some difficulties knowing exactly how to make everything work, so if anyone has any experience with this some help would be appreciated. As far as I know, there aren’t any guides, but it would be just as helpful to point me in the direction of one if there is :merry: Any assistance is appreciated!

This is the guide: Stonehearth's Modding Guide Though there is no section yet about traits.
Look at /data/traits/* to see how the game does that.

Yeah, I’ve been looking at that and am trying to go through the mixintos and such to piece together how to do it, but it’s still pretty hard to figure out all by myself XD

I suggest you also download and look through my traits mod, as it is a mod dedicated to adding new traits. You could also download this bug demo as it something that could show you how to add one trait (and in this case, override all other traits in the trait list)

Thanks! :merry: I’ll check it out

While you are are at it you can see if Radiant actually fixed the bug like they said they did, I haven’t checked :joy:

They have indeed fixed it!

1 Like