Favourite Game OSTs, Songs or Interpretations

Age of empires 2, Age of mythology, Metroid, Civilization. I love the music from all those games, and the only music I don’t like is any game that contains some form of rock or heavy music.

Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Music- Hikari Kingdom Orchestra

Assassin’s Creed: YouTube

To name a couple. Both are very good IMO

so … many … possibilities!

and im seeing lots of favorites listed here… i know we have a thread floating around here somewhere, that included favorite music tracks…

edit: yup, here it is… granted, @Xavion’s thread is also asking about least favorite, but these are obviously similar enough… merge time! :smile:

Oh Steve, you keep it so neat and tidy :blush:

Oh, I don’t know if it’s been mentioned because Discourse doesn’t support Ctrl+F?

So, all Halo music, particularly the title screen in Anniversary. That was gorgeous.

Also, there’s a flash game so it doesn’t really count, but it’s music is incredible. Like as in my favourite game music ever. It’s called Music in Motion.

Pfft. Perseverance is the key.

Ctrl + f randomly closes? Try again, faster. Closes again? Faster this time. There, you’ve found what you need.

That’s an actual problem on windows? Weird, my find just fails because it can only search like the 10 most recent posts unless I load the rest myself.

@Smokestacks, why don’t flash games count? They’re just a engine for delivering games so they should, they’re still games. As for the game you linked it was interesting, generally lose way too many lives on the ball though to beat the boss. Decent music though, not sure where I’d rate it but the use in the game makes it high.

Just gonna slot this one in here …

I’m sorry, what? :slight_smile:

Mine simply doesn’t show, I think it may be because it’s hidden by the toolbar(?) that Discourse provides that remains when you scroll down.

pardon the derailment, but out of curiosity, which browser are you using? in Chrome, CTRL+F brings up the contextual search bar in the top right, for me at least…

1 Like

IE10. It just literally does nothing when I press Ctrl+F. :stuck_out_tongue:

In relation to Halo, I’m finding this remix absolutely amazing, I’m not usually a big fan of remixes …

2 Likes

never was big into halo… not sure why, really…

but wow… this is a great remix! :+1:

That was an awesome remix such a beautiful song.

As for me one of my favorite game songs would Kingdom Hearts 2 opening Sanctuary by Utada Hikaru

1 Like

So many replays. So much love. :heart:

For those of you with Spotify I’ve heavily modified a playlist I came across which has a ton of game music on, as well as a few things from movies (mainly just from Inception).

Edit: Just gonna slot another one in here:

For any Final Fantasy 8 fans - a ‘melancholic’ piano take on ‘Breezy’.

Definitely one to put on some headphones and close your eyes to.

1 Like